Cd case...not mods but kinda
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Cd case...not mods but kinda in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i was considering getting a metal cd case for durabilty reasons, but it would look totally out of place inside ...
    OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Cd case...not mods but kinda

i was considering getting a metal cd case for durabilty reasons, but it would look totally out of place inside of the leather and wood cadillac deville interior so i was thinkin of covering it with vinyl matched as closely as possible to the interior of my car.

i want it to have a raised cadillac logo kinda like my steering wheel, what would be the best way to do this?

or if thats too hard, i may just put the emblems on the outside of the case

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Re: Cd case...not mods but kinda

Why bastardize the interior of your cherried-out 2001 SDV with vinyl? Sacriligious, sez I!

Get thee to a Leathersmith and rumage through his scraps bin for a piece that is big enough for what you plan on doing - try and closely match the grain type, but don't worry about the colour.

Once you buy the scrap, then go to leathermagic.com, find the exact colour of your interior (they have all the interior GM colours, by year) and buy their re-dye kit. I am attaching a snap of my wood/leather steering wheel that I re-dyed with one of their kits. The wheel was originally dove grey and came from a 2002 Eldo. My car is a '97 SDV with Dark Montana Blue leather interior.

As for the caddy emblem, I think you'll have a hard time figuring out how to emboss that logo. Better to troll around EBAY in their "Cadillac Emblems" section and find a nice one that is the right size for your application. Hell, it could be one of those peel 'n stick ones that you can now get for your C pillars,. or even a centre cap off a wheel.

OffThaHorseCEO is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac SRX V8 AWD, 1989 Cadillac Allanté: Pearl White

Re: Cd case...not mods but kinda

dang, no, this is just temprorary until i can get the in car computer made, at that time i will no longer have to worry about music storage cause i will just rip it to the hardrive.

the dye kit alone is 50 bucks, much more than i want to spend on this project

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.