mystery Cadillac red?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, mystery Cadillac red? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello everyone, Well, as you can see from my user profile, I'm not a Cadillac owner (for now). I'm actually ...
    RacerZack is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question mystery Cadillac red?

Hello everyone,

Well, as you can see from my user profile, I'm not a Cadillac owner (for now). I'm actually searching for information on a metallic red I've seen on late model Eldorados and Sevilles. I don't believe this red is Crimson, since it's more of a bright red. My hope is to repaint my 1994 Miata in this color. I just have no idea what exact year and color this red might be....can anyone help?

As a side note, someday I hope to get a Cadillac like the one my grandfather and grandmother had. It was a 1970 Sedan deVille, white with blue interior & top...that car was so cool (and yes, I realize I can probably fit my Miata in the trunk).

Thanks in advance for any help!
    :coolgleam Zack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DaveSmed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20

Re: mystery Cadillac red?

Did you see it in bright sun? If so, it may be Crimson pearl, which does look pretty bright when the light hits it. It may also be Aztec Red, which is a rare color.

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe

Miatas are one of the best cars to have fun in!!!! I rented one this past summer to drive around the Hill Country and loved the way it hugged the road!!!! I plan to buy one this winter or spring..... probably an older model like say 93-96. It shocked me to find out how big the aftermarket is for these cars. As for the color its called "Crimson Pearl" Pretty sweet color.

JJhomer83 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RacerZack
    Hello everyone,

Well, as you can see from my user profile, I'm not a Cadillac owner (for now). I'm actually searching for information on a metallic red I've seen on late model Eldorados and Sevilles. I don't believe this red is Crimson, since it's more of a bright red. My hope is to repaint my 1994 Miata in this color. I just have no idea what exact year and color this red might be....can anyone help?

As a side note, someday I hope to get a Cadillac like the one my grandfather and grandmother had. It was a 1970 Sedan deVille, white with blue interior & top...that car was so cool (and yes, I realize I can probably fit my Miata in the trunk).

Thanks in advance for any help!
    WELCOME To the forums
    I took a mazda miata frame one time and put a 305 on it and made one hell of a go kart till i crashed it.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Go to AutoColorLibrary where you can "see & touch" everything!!

Here, I'll take you there:-

http://autocolorlibrary.com/acl_files/cadillac.html

ENJOY

S A N D Y

RacerZack is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the replies! I think David got the color with Aztec Red, although I can't seem to find it in the color links from Sandy (thanks for that link, though -- WAY cool). Is Aztec Red a metallic color?

This is a case of "I wish I had asked when I saw it..." I know it was either an Eldorado or Seville and I am sure it wasn't Crimson Pearl. It was brighter than Crimson (which IS a great color & I see it pretty often). I may have to go to my local Cadillac dealer to do more research now that I have a color name.

Josh -- I've seen Monster Miatas like the one you had. They really do surprise people, especially at stop lights and when they start up in a parking lot. There was one in the local Miata club that sounded incredible...all deep and rumbly. When it would start, everyone would be looking around for the American muscle car. No one suspected the little Miata. Hehehe...

Hey Mad'lac, if you want a good choice for later-year "original style" Miata (pop-up headlights), go for 1994 or 1995. Those seem to be the best years in terms of power, reliability, and features. 1995 cars have a fake oil pressure gauge (it looks like a gauge with a needle, but it's actually an idiot light...one of the "improvements" from Ford, no doubt) and don't have the little chrome trim rings in the instrument cluster. 1994 was the mid-production model "refresh" so that year and later has the larger 1.8L engine. They also have passenger-side airbags, better side impact protection, improved handling, a larger gas tank, and have the older (and easier to modify) OBD2 ECU. 1994 cars had 128hp and 1995-1997 cars had 133hp (measured at the crankshaft).

Anyway, thanks for the help...even if I might be using a Cadillac color to further "rice" out my Miata. My other choice is the new-for-2004 Mazda RX-8 color of Velocity Red Mica. Anyway, at least I'm driving a RWD car, so my modest spoiler makes sense. I want to scream when I see FWD ricers with the massive wings on the back.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

You saw a 2002 Eldorado Comemmorative Edition {end of the Eldos} in AZTEC RED, one of 532 so made. It was a 1953 color when the Eldorado nameplate bowed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.