Door handle covers are to much, how about these?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orconn
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Door handle covers are to much, how about these? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; MY last DTS came with door handle covers which I was afraid to take off thinking it would pull the ...
    BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE

Door handle covers are to much, how about these?

MY last DTS came with door handle covers which I was afraid to take off thinking it would pull the paint off. I wasn't crazy about them, but saw these and think that they would be a nice accent.

Attachment 197409

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Definitely more subtle, but might just look like random dots of chrome on the door.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Door handle covers are to much, how about these?

Are you afraid people won't know it's a Cadillac? For me the redundancy of Cadillac labels and insignia, like with both the hood ornament and the grill ornament being present or having a Cadillac license plate surround or emblemed filler plate, is tacky. The door handle surrounds are just more tacky junk distracting from the lines of the car. IMO
    bigm57ict likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Tacky

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

For most of the DTS's I have seen would not be enhanced by them because of the lack of any other significant chrome.
    It is hard for me to answer because it is not a car that has stirred my desires yet. I have seen a lot of really great looking ones posted here, and am warming to them, but it still is a car that is trying to have a foot in each camp, sport and luxury. The ones I have seen and liked had a lot of after-market chrome and goodies, and if that is your thing (as it is mine) I say the more chrome the better!
    The excesses and ornamentation are what I love about old Cadillacs, I enjoy seeing that recreated on a newer model. I know that puts me in the minority here.

Guido2014 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUXURY II

Well, my 2 cents is I bought this thing...lol I have some of those in gold, but haven't installed the Gold pieces like those for my DTS. And a Gold PEACOCK dealership plaque for the trunk lid. I also am thinking of a gold pinstripe down the side as I've seen on others dts's....I like the gold....It's all in what you like. I want a hood ornament, but that's too much in my book, like I said it's what you like. Gold plated faux convertible top snaps, are too much for me, but that's me, so I wouldn't add them. Vintage I like dead stock. I'll add pics as finish. Late next week I think.
    guido2014
    Before
    1-IMG_0314.JPG

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido2014
    Well, my 2 cents is I bought this thing...lol I have some of those in gold, but haven't installed the Gold pieces like those for my DTS. And a Gold PEACOCK dealership plaque for the trunk lid. I also am thinking of a gold pinstripe down the side as I've seen on others dts's....I like the gold....It's all in what you like. I want a hood ornament, but that's too much in my book, like I said it's what you like. Gold plated faux convertible top snaps, are too much for me, but that's me, so I wouldn't add them. Vintage I like dead stock. guido2014
    That will be an interesting combo. Would love to see pictures once you install them,
    I do think they are to small to be anything but an accent. Meant in a good way.

Guido2014 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUXURY II

Opps sorry, Didn't mean to devalue others opinions, but I just like the Gold trim and the Door pieces are held on by 3-M tape so they are removeable, [I think]. While it sounds when I speak that my way is the only way, I mean for me. I really wouldn't want a car exactly like anyone elses. And as far as the lines, I am looking but I don't know much about design and lines, maybe why I'm attracted to the shiney objects. I've seen a couple of the DTS models with a stripe down the side, and it's a hot topic over whether it adds or subtracts from the look.
    guido2014

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.