Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What do u guys think? The lights are an aftermarket replacement for a 92-98 BMW E36. I converted the original ...
    WoodShoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Talking Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts)

What do u guys think? The lights are an aftermarket replacement for a 92-98 BMW E36. I converted the original Angel EYES (which used regular light bulbs) To 7000K CCFLs. And as u can see, its day time, and they are clearly visible. Ill try to get some nighttime pics on here if i can soon.... I also removed the "popo-style" push bars from the bumper, and replaced my grille with a 2000ETC grille. The headlights took about 8 hours to install. I had to grind into the sub-frame and cut out a lot of plastic. Also, all custom welded brackets had 2 b made to hold the lights in place. The Eldo grille also takes a bit of grinding to fit. Anyway, its still a work in progress and the final fit should b a little cleaner once I figure out what im going 2 do with those hideous corner lamps...any ideas?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

addison_ii is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Sedan Deville

Re: Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts)

As for the corner lamps I would just order the export version corner lamps. They are clear(no amber in sight) and would probably give you the look you want.

The question is... what car has something that will fit even remotely? So I may make it fit It would b nice if someone made aftermarket parts for these things...I was thinking about maybe smoking them out?

Well the Seville export lamps would fit but as for anything else I have no clue. Are you talking about smoking out just the corner lamps or the whole front? I'm not sure if that's legal or not but it would look nice since you have a dark colored car.

I mean just the corners. I dont want to hide those sexy eyes behind smoke. Wait, dont the eldos come with clear corners? hmmm...gonna have to go hunt one down and get a close look at the fit...

I don't think the Eldo corners fit. But you should be able to order the Seville Exports from the dealer for about $50. Here's a link with a pic of the export Seville w/clear corners http://www.movit.de/rahmen/cadillac.htm .

Nice site...THNX!..those brakes they have on there make me tingle ~

I took some more pics ...btw, anyone selling some rims /w tires?
    Attached Images

Is that a bucket at the carwash in one of your pics? What a travesty!! That's illegal!!
    Just kidding. I take my bucket with me and fill it up to wash my ride too. Although some people get mad about it.

LoL ... I even stayed in the bay to dry my car off ... muahahahah

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have these lights on my M5, and while I have never been a fan of them, I can tell you that other people must really like them, I have seen many different cars with them retrofited to their lights.

DMesinschi is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello all, I'm the new owner of an 01 SLS... black on the grey love the car but there are a few issues. I'll be posting on other strings with the other issues but the headlights are one of them. The lenses are showing hairline cracks throughout and even internal delamination of the plastic (or so it seems). The car still has warranty so I'm unsure if GM will honor that for the headlights... but I'd like something a bit different.

the BMW angel-eyes is interesting but what's the fit and finish upclose? I noticed the car is from Ontario but where exactly are you? I'm in Burlington so I'm curious to see what the retrofit looks like. Does anyone know of any pre-made kits? Ideally I'd like the same shape as factory but with black surrounds (rather than the chrome) but am very reluctant to crack the housing open (lest moisture and condensation become a problem).

Any ideas?

Thanks

D.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

honestly, here is my opinion:

loose the Eldo grille.. if anything, get a billet Seville grille.

the bumperettes are what i love about these Caddys, so loosing then is a bad thing in my book

The lights... honestly,. they are a tad too big for the car, if the diamter was smaller, it would blend well, but they just don't blend that good...

otherwise nice car

loose the Eldo grille.. if anything, get a billet Seville grille.
    The eldo grille it is wider then the Seville grille, and I needed the extra width to get rid of a small 1 inch gap, because the lights were in fact a little shorter than OEM...also someone jacked my emblem and this one was 60 bux! dammit thats cheap...anyway, i wonder how long this one will last

The lights... honestly,. they are a tad too big for the car, if the diamter was smaller, it would blend well, but they just don't blend that good...
    They actually come from a e36 bmw, which is half the size of the STS. So im not really sure what u mean by that.

the BMW angel-eyes is interesting but what's the fit and finish upclose? I noticed the car is from Ontario but where exactly are you? I'm in Burlington so I'm curious to see what the retrofit looks like. Does anyone know of any pre-made kits? Ideally I'd like the same shape as factory but with black surrounds (rather than the chrome) but am very reluctant to crack the housing open (lest moisture and condensation become a problem).
    Im from London, i can get some up close pics if it helps. Also, I dont think I would worry about the lights fogging up after opening them up. I have split many of light casings in the past, and never had a problem with them afterwords... Never have tried this on a Caddy light though...

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

OMFG THAT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. MAKE ME WANT TO STEAL SOMONE E36 LIGHT.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.