Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts) - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by Brizzal yea the tsx projectors are the best around but thats why they are $300, i paid ...
    karies is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 STS

Re: Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts)

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzal View Post
    yea the tsx projectors are the best around but thats why they are $300, i paid under $100 for my retro including both projectors, plexi for the headlight lenses, and 2 extra deville headlight assemblies
    yeah thats really cheap! well i paid 150 for my pair of TSX headlights with the projectors intact. plus the djhousings extra 140 and then 20 and homedepot for misc metal and screws.

but yeah you headlights look nice!

cadyowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    Got mine in this weekend. Was a real pain in the ass: grinding frame, reshaping side marker assemblies (STS corner assemblies don't fit either), hammering the hood and fenders. And then when all was done, it kept blowing the Fog/DRL fuse. So I searched here to shut off DRLs, did that, replaced fuse and everythings good now. Only thing I can think of on the fuse issue is its not enough amps for the H7 projectors and LED "Deamon-Eyes." Now for the good news - projector lenses are 200% better than OEM and the Angel-eyes with the chrome backing complement my grille nicely. This pretty much completes my mods for the front of the car. Time to go on vacation.
    hi,

i would like to know where did you purchase your angel eyes from? I would like to buy the same pair with fog lights. Please give me a link.

thanks

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cadyowner View Post
    hi,

i would like to know where did you purchase your angel eyes from? I would like to buy the same pair with fog lights. Please give me a link.

thanks
    I had my E36 housings custom assembled by an ebay seller. I forget his username. Given a few days to go through all my files and receipts, I could probably find it. The reason they were custom is cause at the time no one sold chrome Depo housings with CCFL halos and offered the conversion kits. If you do choose to go the ebay route don't buy anything that doesn't say Depo or ZKW housings/glass lenses (those are the only two true OEM replacements). Depo now has a Gen 4 set that's supposed to be real nice, but expensive. Also, some sellers include the conversion kit so their lights plug into your 9005/9006 sockets, i.e., plug and play.

I just briefly scanned ebay for "e36 headlights" and found one black full HID conversion kit and two chrome HID assemblies for 299 and 399. The first two are Depo and the third was ZKW.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEPO-...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...Q5fAccessories

If you're just talking about the rings see post #103.

I'm having a hell of a time color matching all my lights. I'd love all 8000k, but haven't found them all, YET!

caddyroyalty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 coupe deville & 02 Eldorado

I just picked up a salvaged 02 Eldorado from an accident and it needs front end work. Since it needs a fender and new headlights anyway, and after seeing your BMW mods, I think I need to install these BMW E36 headlights too!

Besides welding and molding the fenders did anybody find some corner lights that just fit in easy for the Eldorado? It looks like the Seville corners will fit but not sure.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

That's nice man

burberrymoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado ETC

Just got done with the bmw angel eye install! The only thing that I need to do is just touch up my corner lights. I dont know what to install to fill in the space on the corners (outside border) any suggestions I want it to look neat and decent and I dont know if silicone will do that. Im also considering smoking the corner lights!

Quote Originally Posted by burberrymoo View Post
    Just got done with the bmw angel eye install! The only thing that I need to do is just touch up my corner lights. I dont know what to install to fill in the space on the corners (outside border) any suggestions I want it to look neat and decent and I dont know if silicone will do that. Im also considering smoking the corner lights!

You need to add the pictures as an "attachment". Scroll down when replying. Look for "Attach Files" - "Manage Attachments"

Ok Heres the pic.GizmoQ What did you use to seal your signal light outer edges and I see you still have your orange turn signal in, I just trimmed to whole assemble of the org turn signal holster!!!

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Ok Heres the pic.GizmoQ What did you use to seal your signal light outer edges and I see you still have your orange turn signal in, I just trimmed to whole assemble of the org turn signal holster!!!
    I hated to loose the (turning) side illumination lamps so I kept the originals and filed them down to fit. I had to create lamp holders and sealed then with duct tape then fiberglassed over it. To hold them in place I drilled a hole from beneath through the accent strip(holds it in place too) into the corner lamp. A 2 inch wood screw is put through the hole and bites down on the lamp housing pulling everything tight. Works real good and keeps everything in place.

My only problem so far is the eyes on the E36 lamps are thin plastic and are slowly cracking under the pressure of my mounts cause they are not perfectly straight.

Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    I hated to loose the (turning) side illumination lamps so I kept the originals and filed them down to fit. I had to create lamp holders and sealed then with duct tape then fiberglassed over it. To hold them in place I drilled a hole from beneath through the accent strip(holds it in place too) into the corner lamp. A 2 inch wood screw is put through the hole and bites down on the lamp housing pulling everything tight. Works real good and keeps everything in place.

My only problem so far is the eyes on the E36 lamps are thin plastic and are slowly cracking under the pressure of my mounts cause they are not perfectly straight.
    I know I have to mod mine a little more one of my signal ended up kind of melting the holster for one of the turn signals probably because I didnt secure it tight enough. So what you use to fill the space around the outside of the turn lights so when it rain it doesnt mess anyting up.

David Womacks is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 01 ETC's corner lights are alot bigger are yal using STS corners?

I know I have to mod mine a little more one of my signal ended up kind of melting the holster for one of the turn signals probably because I didnt secure it tight enough. So what you use to fill the space around the outside of the turn lights so when it rain it doesnt mess anyting up.
    I filed mine down to fit then fiberglassed over a reflective sheet to seal it. My first try at glassing a part, had to try it twice to get close to a finished product.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

frankief is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac eldorado 1996

what side lights are those??? on the eldorado's?

Quote Originally Posted by frankief View Post
    what side lights are those??? on the eldorado's?
    Stock Eldorado side markers trimmed to fit.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 165.6MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

frankief is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac eldorado 1996

Ooh i know im kinda late but im thinking bout doing this, how did they trim down the lights??

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.