Cadillac Owners Forum banner
57K views 125 replies 51 participants last post by  ChicagoTommy 
#1 ·
What do u guys think? The lights are an aftermarket replacement for a 92-98 BMW E36. I converted the original Angel EYES (which used regular light bulbs) To 7000K CCFLs. And as u can see, its day time, and they are clearly visible. Ill try to get some nighttime pics on here if i can soon.... I also removed the "popo-style" push bars from the bumper, and replaced my grille with a 2000ETC grille. The headlights took about 8 hours to install. I had to grind into the sub-frame and cut out a lot of plastic. Also, all custom welded brackets had 2 b made to hold the lights in place. The Eldo grille also takes a bit of grinding to fit. Anyway, its still a work in progress and the final fit should b a little cleaner once I figure out what im going 2 do with those hideous corner lamps...any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#109 ·
I just picked up a salvaged 02 Eldorado from an accident and it needs front end work. Since it needs a fender and new headlights anyway, and after seeing your BMW mods, I think I need to install these BMW E36 headlights too!

Besides welding and molding the fenders did anybody find some corner lights that just fit in easy for the Eldorado? It looks like the Seville corners will fit but not sure.

#111 ·
Just got done with the bmw angel eye install! The only thing that I need to do is just touch up my corner lights. I dont know what to install to fill in the space on the corners (outside border) any suggestions I want it to look neat and decent and I dont know if silicone will do that. Im also considering smoking the corner lights!

#112 · (Edited)
Just got done with the bmw angel eye install! The only thing that I need to do is just touch up my corner lights. I dont know what to install to fill in the space on the corners (outside border) any suggestions I want it to look neat and decent and I dont know if silicone will do that. Im also considering smoking the corner lights!

:postpics:

You need to add the pictures as an "attachment". Scroll down when replying. Look for "Attach Files" - "Manage Attachments"

#114 ·
Ok Heres the pic.GizmoQ What did you use to seal your signal light outer edges and I see you still have your orange turn signal in, I just trimmed to whole assemble of the org turn signal holster!!!
I hated to loose the (turning) side illumination lamps so I kept the originals and filed them down to fit. I had to create lamp holders and sealed then with duct tape then fiberglassed over it. To hold them in place I drilled a hole from beneath through the accent strip(holds it in place too) into the corner lamp. A 2 inch wood screw is put through the hole and bites down on the lamp housing pulling everything tight. Works real good and keeps everything in place.

My only problem so far is the eyes on the E36 lamps are thin plastic and are slowly cracking under the pressure of my mounts cause they are not perfectly straight.

#119 ·
Stock Eldorado side markers trimmed to fit.

#121 ·
Grind and fit, repeat.

#124 ·
Hey Gizmo I just bought the e36 lights and upgraded switchback angel eyes I was wondering if you could take a few pics of the inside engine compartment where the lights are. Just need to see little more detailed image of what you did. I have an 01 ETC and I'm puzzled on the corners. Did you grind the grille at all or just the corner lamp. Your eldorado is amazing BTW bad a$s wing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.