Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts) - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; That means you'll have a smaller gap then just the seville grill. Since the eddo grill is wider it pushes ...
    sesshoumaru562 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Headlight MOD (Deamon EYED-sts)

That means you'll have a smaller gap then just the seville grill. Since the eddo grill is wider it pushes the light more towards the signal corner and the gap isnt as big. Gaps....small or big is ugly and annoying. Their a big eyesore for me. Thats why I just welded the fenders to accept the right corners.

WoodShoe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

woodshoe i was also wondering if u disabled the drl's (daytime running lights)??? b/c they still go on and i want to be able to drive in the day w/ only the rings on
    the way I have the wiring set up, my DRLs are my rings. My headlamps do not turn on. I took power for the rings from the marker lights, which turn on when your DRLs or fogs are on.

Hey WoodShoe I like the ccfl conversion. The bulb version aren't nearly bright enough even with higher wattage bubls. Thats odd that your version of the headlights are h3s.
    I agree, H3 are not that bright...still 2 lazy to go get the HID conv. Its cold out here, dont wanna do any work

Honestly, I personally don't like the look unless you got your fog lamps to be that cool blue color.
    I agree, it does look pretty g@y. And I have thougth about it. This is what im thinking....Since I dont really think any kind of aftermarket housing will fit so nicely in the gaps, i intend 2 keep it. I'll get a nice aftermarket PIAA bulb set. Wire in a harness from a honda. Then force those babies into the original housing..shouldnt b 2 hard to rig.

SL1CK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS

So those (Woodshoes) are the BMWs e36 M3 lights? I like them alot, what did u use to grind?

I keep looking for them online and yield these:

Are those actually it? They look a bit diff...the link for those is:

http://catalog.alloembmwparts.com/?y..._button23.y=17

Polski Polak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville SLS

this weekend i went into my diagnostic mode and changed some codes around so now my drl's do not turn on , i also spliced into the marker lights so i manually turn on when i want them on, and 2morrow i will finally send those rings out to be replaced and asap i will post my results

Slick, those are the same shape. The only difference is they are not projector beams. Not even sure if those have angel eyes, looks like they might not. If you google a search for "E36 angel eyes" im sure you'll come up with something.

I used an angle grinder.

I think the stock euro verision with projectors (non angel eyes) is slightly longer if your not gonna modify the corners. Google it though its been a while my memory maybe rusty.

Okay I finally threw my new pair of headlights in. These are glass lenses instead of the plastic. The Angel Eyes are LEDs I would like to go the ccfl route but I think i'm satisfied with LEDs at the moment.

I have a set of 4300k HIDs in it. I can see the road nicely nows. My old set of lights were more blue at the cutoff but these are brighter. I am planning to modify the cut off to reveal more purple/blue.
    Attached Images

Looks good. The CCFL conversion is worth the money though, trust me. Real cheap on ebay. Where did u get those corners? Look eFFin A! are they just a aftermarket version of the e36 lights?

Is the process difficult? How long does it take?

Took me about 5 or 6 hours....brought along some beers and had a good time tearing it up. The problem is once you start, you better finish If youre comfortable with this kind of project (taking a grinder to your car, etc.) its not really that difficult.

sesshoumaru....can u take some pics with the hood up, im curious 2 see how you have yours set up.

sesshoumaru, thats an STS or an ETC? I can't really tell from the pics...

and Woodshoe, final questions..from what I understand its all plug and play right? (after everything has been modded to fit the lights)

and...what tools would I need...all of them? I know an angle grinder is one...is that it?

Thanks..

highonchai is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Seville Commemorative Edition, '69 Sed.Dev., '06 CTS

Polski Polak, how did you go about removing the amber peice from your corner housing?? thanks for any help.

Polski Polak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville SLS

highonchai i started a thread here it is http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...r-corners.html
    once u bake it be careful prying it open, i didnt take off the whole thing i opened it enough to get the little reflector out hope this helps good luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SL1CK
    sesshoumaru, thats an STS or an ETC? I can't really tell from the pics...

and Woodshoe, final questions..from what I understand its all plug and play right? (after everything has been modded to fit the lights)

and...what tools would I need...all of them? I know an angle grinder is one...is that it?

Thanks..
    Im trying to think back of what other tools I used.......youre propably going to need a drill with a small bit. The little plastic strip under the lights needs to have a hole drilled through it into the bumper so u can secure it with a screw. Depending on how u want to fabricate the brackets, youre going to need a welder. It helps to know how to use it, but certainly I think its easy enough for someone with no weld experiance, to throw those brackets together. If you have any more questions, feel free ro PM me. I'll try to answer them best I can. Good Luck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.