Car Cleaning/Detailing Thread - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Car Cleaning/Detailing Thread in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Interesting..So I take it like it is the same sort of method as Plati-Dip that it can just peel right ...
    listrats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

Re: Car Cleaning/Detailing Thread

Interesting..So I take it like it is the same sort of method as Plati-Dip that it can just peel right off? I might have to consider some sort of clear bra for the front lower end of the bumper. New York roads are not the cleanest

jason75070 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by deedle
    Quick question for the pros out there. Washed my Black Raven ATS last night and was rushed to where I couldnt dry it properly, of course now I have some pretty severe water spots on both the painted surfaces along with glass. Any tips on products/techniques to use on removing them? Notes: Will probably be done by hand and I have not attempted to wash it again since I first saw them. (At work panicking now)

http://youtu.be/7JdN3cxVRm0

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Re: Car Cleaning/Detailing Thread

Detailed Image is my home for all things detailing. Their pro blog and guide are really helpful.

I use a two bucket wash, always with grit guards. Meguiar's Gold Class soap for now, I'd like to get a foam gun this year to add to the routine. Always liked Meguiar's clay and Quik Detailer for paint decon. I use a Porter Cable 7424 DA and Meguiar's 105/205 polishes with Lake Country orange/white pads for any correction and touch up polish. Blackfire Wet Diamond sealant and Midnight Sun wax once the paint is all cleaned up.

Invisible Glass does the trick for windows. Meguiar's Hot Rims for tires/wheels. Leatherique oil and Prestine Clean for interior leather, 303 Aerospace protectant for everything else.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.