those darn fillers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, those darn fillers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hey this question has probably been asked before but i didn't find it in the search engine. where online can ...
    rnunez76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

those darn fillers

hey this question has probably been asked before but i didn't find it in the search engine. where online can i get those fillers on the tail lights that always break? Does anyone know exactly why they always break?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Fine Wine is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: those darn fillers

They break because they're plastic. They form the junction between the taillamp (which is mounted to the bumper) and the body. Here's the deal, the bumper is hard mounted to the frame. The body though sits on bushings which take some of the harshness out of the ride. The body moves on the bushings, the bumper doesn't. Since those fillers are plastic, as they age, they dry out and don't flex as much. Thus the cracking and eventual breakage.

pwrhse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by rnunez76
    hey this question has probably been asked before but i didn't find it in the search engine. where online can i get those fillers on the tail lights that always break? Does anyone know exactly why they always break?

www.autorifix.com

CaddyMama78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 78 Coupe de Elegance, 71 Eldorado Convert, 79 Phaeton

I get my fillers from a company called Plastic Parts. They have reasonable prices and great parts. I believe they have what you are looking for. I think if you google them you should be able to get the website.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.