Does Zaino have a shelf life?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Does Zaino have a shelf life? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I ask because I have some Z1, Z2, Z5 and that spray shine stuff. It's 2, maybe even 3 years ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Does Zaino have a shelf life?

I ask because I have some Z1, Z2, Z5 and that spray shine stuff. It's 2, maybe even 3 years old. I haven't used it in a long time. I put the Z1 on the Caddy today and notice that a) it smelled real bad b) it was very thick and c) it didn't 'haze' like I thought it should. Now last time I used it it was on a black car so you could easily see the haze. On White Diamond it's tough to see anything.

I let it dry and put the Z2 on. The Z2 smells fruity like I remember but again the haze wasn't apparent. Could be the WD paint.

It's drying its minimum 30 mins now and then I'll buff it off and see how it looks.

Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

Re: Does Zaino have a shelf life?

I beleive it does but you could check the website to make sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rollman
    I beleive it does but you could check the website to make sure.
    You're right - it's right there in the FAQs. I never would've guessed they'd put that out there.

Cut n pasted from www.zainobros.com:

Q: What is the usable shelf life of Zaino products?

A: A 70° room temperature is best for the longevity of Zaino products. Due to the optical additives used, extreme heat or cold can result in a decrease in gloss-enhancing properties.

When stored at average room temperature between 65° and 75° degrees, shelf life is as follows:

Z-PC 3+ years
    Z-1 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
    Z-2 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
    Z-3 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
    Z-5 For optimum results, use before 3 years.
    Z-6 5+ years
    Z-7 5+ years
    Z-8 5+ years
    Z-9 5+ years
    Z-10 For optimum results, use before 2 years.
    Z-12 For optimum results, use before 2 years.
    Z-14 For optimum results, use before 2 years.
    Z-16 3 to 5 years
    Z-18 5 years +
    ZFX For optimum results, keep tightly capped, avoiding moisture. Use before 18 months.

Looks like I'm right on the edge. Plus mine's been stored in the garage which has pretty wild swings in temperature. Caddy looks good, though. So does the GN.

Jim

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Jim, you found the info, all wax products have a shelf life, and most do not like real hot (under a 100 degrees is fine) or freezing, that will kill most products. If your garage is not heated or cooled put your detail supplies in a bucket in extream heat or cold and put them in a closet inside the house.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    Jim, you found the info, all wax products have a shelf life, and most do not like real hot (under a 100 degrees is fine) or freezing, that will kill most products. If your garage is not heated or cooled put your detail supplies in a bucket in extream heat or cold and put them in a closet inside the house.
    I'm going to move them to the workshop in the basement. Temps down there are a pretty constant 60-70 degrees.

The Z5 seemed to work well. It was raining this morning and the water was beading on it as expected. Driving along it looked like I had Rain-X'd the whole car.

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.