paint spots how to remove ???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, paint spots how to remove ??? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just noticed about 50 to 60 paint spots the size of a pin or smaller on the hood & front ...
    ptscaddy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95 Seville SLS

paint spots how to remove ???

Just noticed about 50 to 60 paint spots the size of a pin or smaller on the hood & front fender any thoughts on how to remove them. any info is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Re: paint spots how to remove ???

I would say some sort of polish... Try to rub it out gently. It's kinda hard to say with out seeing them though. I've always used the 3M Imperial Micropolishing Compound. It will make your hood look like new. Just make sure to wax it after for protection. Still, be careful though. I also like Meguiars products also.

96CADDYDEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

try some mild clay usually works pretty easy if it hasnt been there for a year

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I would trying claying first, Mother's, Clay Magic or Zaino clay would be my first choice before using an abrasive product.

MacKiNBacK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

I found a good product called GS-27 scratch remover.. Sure didnt take scratches out. But say you got into a crash and the other guys paint was on your car.. This stuff took it right out. I would imagine thats what all the scratch removers are. Any of your guys have any tips for claying? I bougt the mothers clay and want to try it out of these days.. Would it pose a problem with my pin striping that isnt clear coated over?

You can clay over your painted strips, just use very light pressure. Every wax manufacturer has their own process, here is the Zaino process for claying.

Zaino Z-18™ ClayBar was designed to remove airborne contaminants, paint overspray, water spots, rail dust, industrial fallout, diesel fuel & catalytic converter residue and any other bonded surface contaminants from paint. All cars even brand new factory paint has airborne contaminants... Here's the deal. The non-abrasive Z-18™ ClayBar will remove any surface contaminants from the paint finish and not hurt the clear-coat. The ClayBar will get that paint finish smooth as glass. Now remember waterspots, bird droppings and bug guts if left on the paint finish for any length of time, will etch into the paint finish. The ClayBar will also remove any store bought waxes....

I recommend you use my car wash (Z-7) as a lubricant for the ClayBar. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar. Use 1/2 capful of Z-7 Car Wash to 12 ounces of water. I use a spray bottle for the mix. Shake it up and spray the area to be Clayed. Just make sure to keep the surface area lubricated while using the ClayBar.

3. I would definitely recommend you remove the wax buildup on your paint. Just use Liquid Dawn (hand dishwashing liquid) as a car wash. It has a high alkaline content which cuts right thru carnauba wax, paraffin, silicone oils, etc. This will get your paint finish squeeky clean and wax free.

I don't advise making a habit of washing your car with Dawn. But for this scenario it's fine. High alkaline products like Dawn are tough on polishes. It will never harm the paint finish though. A car wash is made specifically to clean without removing durable polishes. ALSO, Make sure you remove any water spots, before you apply my products. Because Zaino has no abrasives or harsh solvents it will not remove water spots or stains. Z-18 ClayBar is great for removing any paint surface contaminants. Re-wash the entire vehicle with Z-7 Car Wash immediately after the ClayBar
    Cleaning Process.

Sounds good. I have 2 sets of pin stripes. One is factory painted and the other is like a decal... Its like 5 rows of stripes from front to back. Just go lightly? I know I get some funky rust dots around the pin stripping so id like to get that too.

Just be careful around the strip area and you will be fine.

Thanks much! Now I have to find the time to get it done!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.