"steel wool-not just for chrome anymore"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, "steel wool-not just for chrome anymore" in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i find this as a handy and time saving technique. im sure everyone has seen a steering wheel (or armrest, ...
    96CADDYDEVILLE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up "steel wool-not just for chrome anymore"

i find this as a handy and time saving technique. im sure everyone has seen a steering wheel (or armrest, anything grainy, leather or rubber) that is really need of a cleaning its like the dirt is on top of other dirt, you clean it and all the dirt in the grains of the leather just wont comew out right? wrong get a mild detergent like you would normally use on the leather doesnt have to be strong, spray some on the affected area get some fine steel wool and lightly scrub the wet piece with the wool, then dry and enjoy your new clean area.(as with all applications of cleaners etc test a inconspicuos area first)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

v-Power is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: "steel wool-not just for chrome anymore"

A scotch bright pad is a little better less chance of scratching the surface..

wht2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

Good idea about the Scotch Brite....I would think the steel wool (especially 0000) would leave little metal slivers behind....and guess what....they rust!!!

highonchai is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Seville Commemorative Edition, '69 Sed.Dev., '06 CTS

I would also worry about the steel wool, even 0000, im happy to use it on my crome and even paint if i think itll help in situations. but on dyed leather i would be worried. Armor-all orange cleaning wipes do a fantastic job on dirt and grease, it even gets into small creases. And a hit with mcguires leather conditioner keeps the dirt off. The best way to keep you leather clean is through prevention. clean hands/ clothes, and frequent cleaning and conditioning (once a month would be fantastic, maybe more than enough.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.