Leather conditioner
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Leather conditioner in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I apologize if this has been previously discussed but a search did not turn up the info I am looking ...
    malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Leather conditioner

I apologize if this has been previously discussed but a search did not turn up the info I am looking for.

I would like to maintain the leather in my 05 STS but am confused by the dozens of products that all claim they are the best. I am certain that I do not want any silicon products. I don't want to use something today that I will live to regret in the future.

The problem that is dricing this is I had a passenger get in with a metal buckel on them that scratched the seat. I rubbed it out as best as I could with a dry cloth to buff it and it's better but I need something more.

What's the best way to treat the leather?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Re: Leather conditioner

lexol!!!!!!

roquesr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville

the best way to treat the leather is by kicking the passenger with the buckle out .never let someone with crap like that sit in your car . i had someone sit in the back seat of my 03 deville and put a small hole in the seat. i almost flipped the next day. but what i have used is meguires leather cleaner and conditioner (red bottle,cream). as long as you condition it it should be ok. do it at least 1 x a month

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by roquesr
    the best way to treat the leather is by kicking the passenger with the buckle out .never let someone with crap like that sit in your car .
    It was girl friend's purse strap. She had the strap over her sholder when she got in. I'm getting ready to fire her anyway. Fortunately it looks like a little conditioner will allow me to buff it out.

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

I always use Lexol cleaner and conditioner but I must say that if I had a new car, I would try the Meguiars leather conditioner. I've been meaning to try it. I absouluely love all their other products... I will be trying it the next time I do it, but the lexol works fantastic also..... Both are good brands with good reputations.

MWA
    MWA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS

Leatherique.com

madooch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 STS

mother's leather conditioner the best

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Eagle one. It says right on the bottle that it contains mink oil. That was enough for me. They sell a cleaner and a conditioner which work great together.

Brian

LT5
    LT5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 95Eldo-95Eldo ETC-99STS-02STS

Quote Originally Posted by MWA
    Leatherique.com

MacKiNBacK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

Speaking of leather, does anyone know how to get rid of those nasty dark creases in the leather? Almost seems like its dirty but when cleaning it gets darker.

Thanks
    MacK

MWA
    MWA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS

Mack, Check that Leatherique.com site and even give them a call with your coloration problem. They are the experts in leather rejuvenation and dyeing and repair. I have used the two basic leather treatment liquids...rejuvenating oil and prestine cleaner and it is unbelievable the results on my 98 Eldo leather. They have been in business since 1968. Just follow their instructions which are available on that website and enjoy the results. I have tried about ten different so called leather treatments and none can come close.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.