Looking for input from the Forum's Finest,,,
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Looking for input from the Forum's Finest,,, in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; As some of you may recall, I've been slowly adding personal touches to my '97 Silver Mist Metallic Deville with ...
    Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Looking for input from the Forum's Finest,,,

As some of you may recall, I've been slowly adding personal touches to my '97 Silver Mist Metallic Deville with Dark Montana Blue interior. It was a cherry, 83K Florida car to start with and came with a custom interior (among other things) by a company called Coachwork Limousine Ltd.

Mods to date include: swapping out all the exterior bulbs with Xenons, adding the "Deville" logo to the central brakelight pod, K&N oil and air filters, Mobil 1 Synthetic fluids, Zebrano wood dash/door kit, wood/leather steering wheel, blue tinted interior lights, chrome centre caps for the rims, Concours black-out grille and all the crest/wreath logos were swapped out for the more current art and science version.

Anyhoo, I am considering making a centre console for it and was wondering if anyone here has done the something similar. I plan to have the bottom half trimmed out with the same material as the carpet and the top will be done in Cocobolo wood - an almost exact match for the Zebrano. This console will house a spot for CDs, change tray, auxilliary ashtray, kleenex reservoir, whatever. There will be 3 doors or lids that'll open with small struts and close with a magnetic catch.

Just wondering as I said before, if anyone else has done this and what their design might have looked like. As usual, I will take photos of the finished product, but will need some assistance from you good folks about getting them on this board. I have enough woodworking moxie to ensure the end product doesn't look "bush league". To date, all the mods look like they could have been done by the manufacturer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

michael96 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Deville (42K) 2000 DTS (32K)

Re: Looking for input from the Forum's Finest,,,

Sorry, I can't help with your question, but i have one for you. I have a 96 Deville (33,000 mi.) and I would love to have a steering wheel that is wood. Where is yours from and what does it look like ?

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Frost if i remeber right the later 98-99 deville concuorse came with fllor shift and a cetner console ...you may want to look into this

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Michael, the steering wheel came from a wrecked 2002 Eldorado - I had to re-dye the leather from dove grey to Dark Montana blue so it would match my interior. Not a large deal, the kit to re-dye came from Leather magic and cost around 40 bucks. The steering wheel set me back $375 and I got it through CardioDoc.

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Do you have any pictures of your interior and exterior? I'd like to try some mods on my car that don't take away from the car still looking like a cadillac. I just put some hid's on but would like to upgrade my turn lights to hid's or something brighter. It's really hard to upgrade the interior also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.