HELP!! My bulbs suck...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, HELP!! My bulbs suck... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; When I got the DeVille, I figured the stock bulbs were gonna be horrible. They didn't let me down. As ...
    cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

HELP!! My bulbs suck...

When I got the DeVille, I figured the stock bulbs were gonna be horrible. They didn't let me down. As on my previous Honda, I replaced the bulbs. On my Honda I used Eurolite Hyperwhite bulbs. The casing was a nice super light blue. The lights were very good in my opinion. From outside and inside they were white with a very slight blue tint. When I got some for the DeVille I got some Nokya Hyperwhite bulbs. I retained the normal 05 and 06 outputs. It said on the package that they were white...but they're very blue. The housing was very deep blue and it shows. From the outside of the car they look white, and they look cool. but from the inside...it's not much different than stock...just alot more blue. The blue actually really annoys me. Grantid, I work as a valet...and after driving Benz's that have HID shits...your stingy Circuit City bulbs don't cut it...but damn. So my question is...what bulbs have y'all used and what's the best overall? I sorta like those Sylvania Silverstars I think they're called. I know the PIAA ones are bomb...but those are like 100 bucks. I still have other stuff to buy for the car...so I really don't want to spend more than like 60. But also, I was wondering if I could use these "hyperblues" I have now in my corner lights (the lights that come on when you use your turn-signal). It looks uber funny having white-ish/blue-ish lights then when you click the turn signal, the dull yellow ones kick on. Please help me out, y'all! Pics are always appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: HELP!! My bulbs suck...

Well as you said there is nothing like real HID's, I tested auto bulbs for a company in 98' and 99', for the money the Silver Star's from Sylvania are tough to beat, not any more wattage, just a whiter light. The PIAA's are expensive, but they hold up very well, and they are not "too blue" like some of the other oversea's bulbs.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

,,I hear you, buddy. I went with blue/white bulbs for the hi/low beams, the side turn signals, the brake lights, even the back-up lights on my '97 Deville. Can't remember the name of the maker, but it was some japanese comany. They are alot brighter on the side markers and when backing up, probably little to no difference on the brake lights. My Deville is Silver Mist Metallic with a dark Montana blue interior, so the bluish tint of these bulbs enhance, rather than detract from the car's appearance.

I also "blue'd out" the interior lights, but that is another tale for another time,,,,

cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Can I use either of my blue bulbs I have now in my turn signal lights if I get some Silverstars for the real headlights?

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

I don't think they are the same type, are they? There's gotta be at least 5 different bulb types around these cars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.