OEM GM rims...y0!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, OEM GM rims...y0! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey guys. In order to keep costs down on my project, I want to use some oem GM rims. So, ...
    cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OEM GM rims...y0!

Hey guys.

In order to keep costs down on my project, I want to use some oem GM rims. So, I did some minor research and got some info.

Here's the OEM 89 DeVille:

* 89 to present Deville - 15x6 - 5x115

Here's some GM rims I was peepin'. All OEM:

* late 80's Camaro IROC Z - 16x8 - 5x120.7

* mid 80's Corvette - 16x9.5 - 5x120.7

* 96 Corvette ZR1 - 17x9.5/11 - 5x120.7

* 80's Regal GN / T Type - 15x6 - 5x115 (80's Monte SS should probably be the same)

That's basically all I think. Obviously the GN rims would work becasue it's the EXACT same size. However, could the IROC rims work? Or even the mad beefy Corvette rims? The GN, OEM Caddy, or maybe IROCs would seem to be the best. Even the IROCs would probably rub a tad. My DeVille is FWD, so I'd need to use the larger tread rims up front. lol.

Someone tell me if this will work or if I should give up and live in personal denial. lol.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: OEM GM rims...y0!

None of those wheels will work due to them having a RWD offset and you having a FWD car. You could use a newer Cadillac's rims.

Goodyr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville 2006 STS

I had a 89 deville and I put the original lace rims on. I got them at www.aaarims.com. The page still comes up although they have change their name. Hope this helps a little.
    Ralph

cruella89deville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Original lace rims? What's that? The alloys that were optional? eegh.

Could I get like some American Racing chrome Torq-Thrust rims or something from Summit and have them work...or am I just screwed?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.