clean leather seats - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, clean leather seats in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My leather is really clean (except for where its ripped and discolored, getting new leather hopefully for christmas... WOOHOO!!!), so ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Re: clean leather seats

My leather is really clean (except for where its ripped and discolored, getting new leather hopefully for christmas... WOOHOO!!!), so all I want is a good conditioner.....

Meguires says they have aloe, and thats all they mention on the site...... Maybe later today Ill go pick up some.....

Stealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Is one enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by elwesso
    My leather is really clean (except for where its ripped and discolored, getting new leather hopefully for christmas... WOOHOO!!!), so all I want is a good conditioner.....

Meguires says they have aloe, and thats all they mention on the site...... Maybe later today Ill go pick up some.....
    go and check these guys:
    http://www.exoticcarweb.com/CareExterior.asp

as for Meguires, i don't know what the stuff is made of ...

i make it a point to not use a product unless they list the ingredients.
    they only say they use Aloe & do not list ingredients, .. i'm pretty sure it is not pure aloe .. they also do not state the use of petrolum or silicone in their creams or lack thereof ... http://www.meguiars.com/product_show...rchResults.cfm

my leather is now `16 yrs old, a convertible, and leather looks like new .. on Eagle One and Bick4 ..

on a hard top car, keeping leather soft and nice should be easier?

i saw this rule somewhere:
    - if it shines like glass for more than a few minutes, it is most likely SILICONE or petrolum...

- if it gets mostly absorved, it is most likely mink, lanolin or neatfoot oils ...

I was just goin by meguires website..... I dont know if it actually lists it on the bottle....

Did you get that eagle one stuff at an autoparts store, or did you have to order it??

Also, whats that BICK4 you mentioned???

I was just goin by meguires website..... I dont know if it actually lists it on the bottle....

Did you get that eagle one stuff at an autoparts store, or did you have to order it??

Also, whats that BICK4 you mentioned???

i looked at the bottles of meguire's and i could not find the ingredients .. not sure why such a secret .. someone in one of these threads said 1 part maguire/10 parts water? be adviced, water is an enemy of leather in any form, it promotes rot over a long time!

Eagle One products are found in both auto part stores and general merchandise stores .. they list the ingredients on the bottle.

the Bick4 stuff is lanolin (on this one i have to take the word of someone that should know ) and i get that at a horse & saddle store. i use the Bick4 at the start of summer and soak the leather well then i finish both leather AND vinyl with the Eagle One conditioner. after soaking well, i wipe the "leftover" to remove the greasy feeling .. btw, i also use this combo on the 1987 4X4 that sits on the street 365 days/yr, or out on the sand dunes in Baja in 110F heat .. to this day, no cracks, all vinyl/leather fine, all factory original. same results on the Lincoln's Recaro leather ...

like i said, a sun baked california Allanté car with 16 yr old recaro leather and no rips, no damage, no dryness .. did have to re-color as body perspiration takes out the color over time ...
    Attached Images

Hmmm...... I may have to go get some of that stuff....

How does it smell..... I have turtlewax stuff right now, and it makes it smell like lotion/crisco..... Its good stuff, but it smells FUNKY!!!

Hmmm...... I may have to go get some of that stuff....

How does it smell..... I have turtlewax stuff right now, and it makes it smell like lotion/crisco..... Its good stuff, but it smells FUNKY!!!

don't believe there is a scent .. you just get settle into the comfort and so does your passenger .. i don't allow smoking either, so my cars are pretty much scent free .. except for a traces of female perfume now and then ...

you want scent? try this .. a very small amount of "baby lotion" on the passenger's head rest, after the normal leather conditioning .. girls tend to go a bit romantic with that scent .. dahhh, i wonder why .. and they don't even know why ...

Hmmm...... that could be useful for other things also.....

I just dont want the car to smell like crisco... I have an airfreshener in there now, as I think there is something rancid underneat the seat......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.