going to get a price on a new paint job tomorrow
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, going to get a price on a new paint job tomorrow in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; there was a new shop that just opened up and i am going tomorrow to get an estimate on it. ...
    Adam is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): JimmyH

going to get a price on a new paint job tomorrow

there was a new shop that just opened up and i am going tomorrow to get an estimate on it. the guy said on the phone he would need to see my car and that he could do candy blue and would add in 4 coats of clear for about 1k and he can gold plate so i am going to get some stuff gold plated. it wont be painted for another while but will post pics asap. he said it would be that plus he would have to add in labor. wont know for sure how much til tomorrow. my first paint job didnt turn out the way it was supposed to. it was supposed to be candy blue and turned out purple. the pinstriping was done very thick (like 1/2 and inch thick) and none of it connected which it was supposed to and Cadillac took up the whole back quarter panel which it was supposed to be connected with the pinstriping and only about a foot long and about 3 inches high (with goldleafing wich never made it on there. woops i accidently put this in the lounge and ment to put it in the appearance and detailing section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Re: going to get a price on a new paint job tomorrow

Get the car gold plated. That would be sweet.

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by davesdeville
    Get the car gold plated. That would be sweet.
    That would definately be crunk. But then you would have to get 3 12" JL W7 Subs and two 1000 watt JL amps and Play Lil' John's Throw it up all day.

i play that song all the time anyway so it doesnt matter. that would be a little expensive though. just the wreaths and the wreaths around the door looks, hood ornament, list goes on.

well got the price today, 1050.00 for the paint and labor so not too bad. i have seen their work and they do pretty good so ill be getting it done soon. unfortunately the intake gasket is blown and i got to get it fixed. taking it in thursday and should get it back friday or saturday. damn sucks but oh well.

OnDaSlab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Re: going to get a price on a new paint job tomorrow

thats not bad for a kandy paint. i want to get my 00 deville a kandy brandywine or apple red paint job. But im not sure how much it would cost me. I figured around 3 gs. Is there anyone living in the houston area that would know a shop that is not expensive and does a great job?
    Also does anyone know if it would be cheaper to buy your own paint and clear coat than be charged for it at the shop. Id rather get House of Kolor kandy paint but it is expensive. any experience wit that.
    thanks

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

What part of Houston are you at. I'm near Belway 8 and Gessner

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Have you seen any of their work? Does it come with a warranty? I just had my whole car done with a coat of clear for $1800. That's with a lifetime warranty. I went to about 10 or 15 shops before I found the right one. All I'm saying is be careful. $1050 is an excellent price but sometimes you get what you pay for... You dont want it to start orange peeling after 2 years...

it doesnt matter any more, the Fleetwood got totaled in a car accident the same day you posted this. happened at 13:10 on my way to a doctors appointment. yes i have seen their work and they do excellent work. they usually charge more but i know the owner and he knocked off labor and all that. i thought all of it was with labor and body work, i was wrong. they usually charge a good 3-5k for kandy anything. so i was getting a good deal.

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Sorry to hear that. oh well, whats next?

TomDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Black DeVille & 1994 Concours

Adam,

You are livin' large Dude.
    (Did you get a raise or something?$?)

It sounds sweet, and I hope that it
    goes well!

TomDeville :coolgleam

no, i wish i got a raise though! i have a pretty good paying job. we usually get a small raise every year. i dont know if i posted in here or not but i got a 03 CTS luxury sport.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.