Rear spoiler
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Rear spoiler in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I am considering installing a rear spoiler on my '02 SLS. I like the look of the spolier, so I ...
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Rear spoiler

I am considering installing a rear spoiler on my '02 SLS. I like the look of the spolier, so I am not asking for opinions. My question goes out to anyone who has one, or knows about them. Currently, when I hit my trunk release button, the trunk opens fully automatically. Will the trunk continue to do this, with the added weight of the spoiler? I am assuming it is light weight fiberglass (or ABS), but am unsure if it affects trunk operation. Thanks in advance for any insight that may be given.

Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

94CaddyConcours is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1994 CADILLAC DEVILLE CONCOURS, 350ZR

Re: Rear spoiler

WTF? Spoiler and luxury car dont mix.

Kev
    Kev is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac
    I am considering installing a rear spoiler on my '02 SLS. I like the look of the spolier, so I am not asking for opinions. My question goes out to anyone who has one, or knows about them. Currently, when I hit my trunk release button, the trunk opens fully automatically. Will the trunk continue to do this, with the added weight of the spoiler? I am assuming it is light weight fiberglass (or ABS), but am unsure if it affects trunk operation. Thanks in advance for any insight that may be given.

Don
    An honest response; you should expect the added weight to affect it some. To test ahead of time I would suggest, if it is possible, that you find out what the added weight will be and simulate it before investing the time an money to buy and install.

Good luck with it and don't mind the 'ricer' comments sure to be brought up by some Bozo on this site! Oh, wait a minute! OH NO! I just brought up the 'ricer' thing myself! AHHHGGGG! :banghead2

Hey, the Seville may be a luxury car, but it is definitely a "Sport" luxury car. To me, the rear of our Seville's look a little plain. The spoiler helps it look like the trunk lid wasn't an afterthought. I happen to like it, and I never let someone elses opinion, affect an appearance mod. Rice or not, if it will not affect the trunk opening on it's own, I will put one on the car. Thanks for the tip about adding some weight first. I actually never thought of that. Now I just have to see how heavy it is. If anyone has some pics of silver Seville's with a spoiler, I would appreciate some pics. Thanks

Don

Kev

Hey, the Seville may be a luxury car, but it is definitely a "Sport" luxury car. To me, the rear of our Seville's look a little plain. The spoiler helps it look like the trunk lid wasn't an afterthought. I happen to like it, and I never let someone elses opinion, affect an appearance mod. Rice or not, if it will not affect the trunk opening on it's own, I will put one on the car. Thanks for the tip about adding some weight first. I actually never thought of that. Now I just have to see how heavy it is. If anyone has some pics of silver Seville's with a spoiler, I would appreciate some pics. Thanks

Don
    Nothing wrong with that Don. You have every right to do to your car what ever pleases you without regard to anyone else's opinions (though I would strongly urge you to consider your wife's opinion if applicable!). If you like it and are happy with it that's all that matters.

When you do the weight test you will want to try and spread the weight across the rear end of the deck lid like the spoiler will do to more acurately judge it's affect.

The right spoiler on that car might add quite the tasteful flare. I always did like the low spoiler on the 70 1\2 Camaro as well as the larger wrap around model on the next few years.

Don't mind me, I'm just having more fun than I should be allowed on this site!

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am not asking for opinions.
    Smart move...

Quote Originally Posted by D148L0
    Smart move...
    Absolutely. As stated above, when it comes to appearance mods, only my opinion matters. Now, with performance, maintainence, repair, etc, others opinions mean alot to me. I just wanted to be clear on the no opinions thing upfront, so this thread doesn't turn into an argument over whether I should do it or not. I want to thank all who posted.

Don

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

様々な漢字の内、使用頻度の高いものを中心に構成されており、公文書やメディアなどで用いられるべき漢字の 範囲として示された。また、部分的にだが、複雑であったり多様であったりした従来の正字体に代えて、一般で 行われていたり文献に記載されていたりする略字体を正式な字体として採用する試みも行われた。

MacKiNBacK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS

I have an 00' STS with a spoiler and at 1st I didnt think it looked all that good. But I like it now. It does not affect the trunk opening up all the way. I have the 3 peice. But I dont think there's any other style's out there.

MacK

I just ordered the spoiler a few minutes ago. I got it from www.oepros.com. Cost (painted to match) is $265.00. I can't wait for it to get here, so I can start drilling into the body of my SLS. I will post pics when it is done.

Don

Kev

I just ordered the spoiler a few minutes ago. I got it from www.oepros.com. Cost (painted to match) is $265.00. I can't wait for it to get here, so I can start drilling into the body of my SLS. I will post pics when it is done.

Don
    Looking forward to seeing it, hope it works out flawlessly for you.
    Make sure your drills are sharp and try not to slip! Take your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev
    Looking forward to seeing it, hope it works out flawlessly for you.
    Make sure your drills are sharp and try not to slip! Take your time.
    Amen brotha.

Don

Thats the same as mine.. I believe its 6 holes for the middle piece.. and one for the 2 side pieces.. The paint match on mine is a bit off. But it still looks good. Good Luck

MacK

Quote Originally Posted by MacKiNBacK
    Thats the same as mine.. I believe its 6 holes for the middle piece.. and one for the 2 side pieces.. The paint match on mine is a bit off. But it still looks good. Good Luck

MacK
    Thanks for the heads up with the holes. As far as the paint matching, I am not expecting a perfect match. I just got my car back from the body shop, and the rear bumper doesn't match either. It is close, but you can tell it is different. So close will be okay. Is it at least a quality paint job?

Don

Mine was.. Not sure where it came from since it was on the car when I bought it. The texture matched (pearl white).. And it is a very close match. I too have the rear bumper that doesnt matched. Had to have been repainted because the paint's chipping away.

MacK

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.