Sustained Preservation (Exterior Maintenance)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Sustained Preservation (Exterior Maintenance) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Suggested Regiment for Vehicle's Exterior Life and Luster. I wash my Seville with "hot-water," windshield and glass with "cold-water." Metal ...
    curtis7251 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Sustained Preservation (Exterior Maintenance)

Suggested Regiment for Vehicle's Exterior Life and Luster.

I wash my Seville with "hot-water," windshield and glass with "cold-water." Metal is always maintained with "hot-water" and Crystal is also best maintained with "cold-water." Therefore, I suggests the entire body of the auto should be washed in "hot-water" and all glass and plastic related substance with "cold-water."

The Tires and Wheels are also to be washed with "hot-water" employing your choice of chemical to achieve the results you desire maintaining exterior luster. This continued regiment will help maintained the Factory Luster and long exterior "Body-life" of your automobile.

Also, to address the free radicals that are embedded in the "Rubber" around the windshield, rear window, trunk and doors, I suggest you apply a Cleaner De-greaser or WD-40 De-greaser to eradicate the free radicals that are lodged within the rubber around the windows, windshield, doors and hood.

Hot-Water? Yes, I boil a kettle of water on my Stove-top, place it in a five (5) gallon container adding additional hot water from my Tap in the kitchen. That's been my secret in maintaining Factory Luster on my beloved Seville!

Hope you will employ and enjoy the benefits?
    Wellington

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Sustained Preservation (Exterior Maintenance)

Moved to Appearance - Detailing

ANY "cleaner-degreaser" such as Brakleen, throttlebody cleaner or electronics cleaner will positively EAT the rubber window/windshield surrounds......... and WD-40 is, by its very definition - 'greasy'.

Not sure if this is legit advice or not - it seems a bit off the wall ............... and an exact duplicate post was just deleted from Classic Cadillac.

curtis7251, Please do NOT post multiple identical threads in different forums. Once more and you're spamming.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: Sustained Preservation (Exterior Maintenance)

I smell a
    ------------------------------
    I wash my Seville with "hot-water," windshield and glass with "cold-water."
    when washing the roof -
    how do you keep the hot water off the glass -

and when washing the windows -
    the cold water off the doors? -

do you RINSE after washing?

if YES - do you RINSE the car with HOT water -
    and the glass with COLD water?

I boil a kettle of water on my Stove-top, place it in a five (5) gallon container
    adding additional hot water from my Tap in the kitchen

REALLY?
    so - how much hotter does the water get
    by adding 1 kettle of boiling water
    to 5 gallons of hot tap water -

isn't that too hot to put your hands into?

do you use soap?
    ---------------------------

Also, to address the free radicals
    DAMN THOSE FREE RADICALS -
    they shouldn't be allowed to run around free -
    they should ALL be gathered up - and DEPORTED -

eradicate the free radicals
    I don't think we have to KILL them all -
    just send them back to where they came from -

That's been my secret in maintaining Factory Luster on my beloved Seville!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.