"The Blade" or "California Water Blade" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, "The Blade" or "California Water Blade" in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; They work pretty good. If I happen to use one, I do to get most of the water off very ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    They work pretty good. If I happen to use one, I do to get most of the water off very quickly. It's great for that. But, I still run a cloth over the car... It does save lots of time. However, I did have one complaint and I just can't remember what it was.. Anybody else have any complaints? Maybe it'll ring a bell for me...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    I may have to make an investment in one. It would definitely reduce the amount of towels i have to use.

rek
    rek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I got one of those silly cone jobs for a gift. I don't use it, don't have to! Maybe because of all the S-100 I have on the car. I rinse it without a nozzle on the hose, and the water just pulls itself off. I rinse it so it's wet all over the panel, and like I said, the water seems to pull itself off. I can get by with just a hand towel. Are you guys blasting it with a nozzle???

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    No nozzle....Works just the way you say. When the wax starts gettin' old I use the blade! Then a towel till I get the ambition to wax again!

Dr. Jones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    These might not scratch when they are new... but after a few uses if they aren't taken care of they will start micro marring the surface. That said i have one, and use it, but only when i'm drying a car i'm prepping to do a big job on. if i am going to be removing swirls anyway then a little marring doesn't matter, though once a car is detailed there is no need for one of these. With the right hose technique you can dry a car about 95% if it has a coat of wax.

True! I take very good care of the thing and only use it occasionally. I always wondered what could happen if it got damaged in any way. The other thing I'm not to nuts about are those "California Car Dusters" I can't help but think that dragging all that dust across the finish can't be good for it!

Dr. Jones is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    actually, the dusters (CCD) work very well if they are taken care of. The main thing is to follow the instructions and let it sit on newspaper for 3-4 days when you get it new. Other than that it really does work better the dirtier it gets. A guy did a test with a really used one, with very high powered lights and a really good camera, and concluded that it doesn't scratch the surface. There are some products that seem to go against all that makes sense, but the results speak for themselfs. There is a product out there that you use to wash your car but don't need to rinse. The whol carwash phase, without the hose, sounds like it doesn't work, but it does... and very well at that.

So if you use the water blade a lot, you have to get a new one. What do you define as "taking care of it"

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    Originally posted by Dr. Jones These might not scratch when they are new... but after a few uses if they aren't taken care of they will start micro marring the surface.
    Well, isn't this true for any detailing tools - sponges, wash mitts, brushes, chamois, towels, waxing pads, clay bars, etc.?

Yes it is true! if you don't take care of your tools they will not work the way they were intended to. If you let them get dirty or gritty they will scratch or dull the finish. A friend of mine once dropped the sponge that he was using to wash his car with on the ground, picked it up and started washing again without even looking at the thing. Oh! what a surprise! he scratched his car with a small piece of grit that stuck to the sponge even though he dipped it in the wash bucket and squeezed it out!

still, what do you define as taking care of it.

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    there are directions that come with it

OK

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR
    Originally posted by Dead Sled
    there are directions that come with it
    What do they say? - I don't recall ever reading directions with mine.

thats what i was asking

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.