Hood ornaments - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Hood ornaments in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I think the longhorns belong on the 92 and older Caddies. Personally, I think they'd look pretty rediculous on a ...
    90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Re: Hood ornaments

I think the longhorns belong on the 92 and older Caddies. Personally, I think they'd look pretty rediculous on a smaller Caddy, but it would look decent on a larger Caddy. Of course, the best car you could put them on would be a 70s CDV, you know, something enormous that just screams classic Caddy. I think the newer lines of the Broughams after 93 and the other models in the early 90s is just too new to put horns on.

Brian

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Definitely a pre-1979 thing.

BLAC-ON-BLAC-LAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey wuz up everybody. I havent been able to login till today and seen that my post was moved. I appreciate everybodys comments, even the bad ones. At least people are reading this,ha? Anyways, I know it sound crazy to some peaople about me doin this But I dont give a F**K. Ima be me. Yall be Yall. Ive looked all over the net, put diff. searches and aint found much. Im still trying. I think I will try to check at some local 18 wheeler shops, what yall think? The reason why I want them is 1st Im from Texas 2nd I put a custom billet grill with a Caddy creast on it (like the concourse) and Im gonna get a license plate with a (CADILLAC) in script if I find a good one. If I leave the og hood emblem. grill emblem and plate w emblem I think it will look tacky. 3rd I just wanna stand out. Ther is a sh!t load of Lacs round here. So If people can help thank you. Keep the comments comin "YALL"

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

probably wouldnt be too hard to modify longhorn to fit as a hood ornanment.....try finding one at used/recycle shops or garage sale.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Imagine them flying off on the highway into your windshield.....that would suck

texasengineer is offline Cadillac Owners Member

OK OK Ok here's the deal. I know where you can get a Longhorn Hood Ornament.

check out

http://www.hoodhorns.com

It's a licensed University of Texas product but you can peel off the "TEXAS" sticker if you don't want it.

PS- I own the Lone Star Novelties which is the company that produces Hood Horns(TM). you can email me at ericw@lonestarnovelties.com if you have specific questions.

Cheers!

Duncan is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here are crom ones jc whitney http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/I...D:100000159221 hope it helps

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Those are the ones my friend put on his old Mercury. Made me sick all over again seeing them. Thank god he got his head together when he got Crown Vic and didn't do anything stupid to it. Stay away from those, get the real deal longhorns.

BLAC-ON-BLAC-LAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wuz up Yall. Im sorry I havent been able to post, my internet is down. Thanks for your suggestions, I had already seen those, the longhorns ones are too big, and the TORO ones from jc whitney are facing up (bull type). I want to see if I can get some that are side to side. N E Ways. I am still up for suggestions I have to put it on hold for a lil while cause my Lac got in a lil accident. I was rolling on my 20s for a while and decided to try out the chrome backplates on them. They looked good for 2 days. For me to put them on I had to put wheel spacers cause the plate was rubbing on the brakes. Well it turned out that the lugnuts were barely holding on, I couldnt tell cause they are the chrome ones that you cant see through. Well my friend went to do the store in my car and the wheel flew off while turning a corner. I was lucky that it nothing serious happend it was in a residential street, 1 block down from my house. Although I am very sad. It bent all my fender up to the point that he couldnt even open the door, and my new plate was crumbled up. I had to replaced my fender last week with a used one a purple one, only decent used one I could find,(new are too expensive). So now I gotta get some money to paint it. I think Ima have to roll like that for a couple of weeks. THAT SUCKS. Ill try to posts pic later.

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

That really blows....sorry to hear it Lac.
    Feel better.

ikonosin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bump, as I'm looking to add some Longhorns to the front of my Brougham

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.