chrome mirrors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, chrome mirrors in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey, I used have a 87 deville, with chrome mirrors, they looked great, now I have a 93 and a ...
    CadillacJack76 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 eldo collectors series, 98 eldo, 97 deville, 96+94 SLS,

chrome mirrors

Hey, I used have a 87 deville, with chrome mirrors, they looked great, now I have a 93 and a 90 deville, and they have painted mirrors, and I hate them, they look like crap, I have 202k on my 90 and 150k on my 93 and you guys all know about the chipping that occurs when you get into the higher mileage, anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew if the 90 and 93s came with a chrome mirror option, and if so, where the heck do I get em?? I have never seen any after my 87 deville (may she rest in peace). Any info would be great!!

Thanks Jack

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobD8870 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: chrome mirrors

I have wondered the same thing about my 90 deville. I would love to have the chrome mirrors I have seen in the bone yard. They look good and would accent all the other chrom that is on these beauties!! Any info on this would be great. thanks

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Well, if the mirror housings are metal and aren't plastic, you can always take them off and get them chromed, I guess. Or hit a junkyard and take a pair of decent used ones to the chrome shop.

Tombo47 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ETC

theres chrome spray you can buy, just sand down the mirror and prime it..then chrome it. Chrome mirrors would look awsome on my DTS...the chrysler 300 has them

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Just goto a junk yard and get the chrome mirrors from an older one.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Quote Originally Posted by Tombo47
    theres chrome spray you can buy, just sand down the mirror and prime it..then chrome it. Chrome mirrors would look awsome on my DTS...the chrysler 300 has them
    chrome spray looks like ass dude. have you ever seen this stuff after it has been sprayed?

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

Actually Benzilla, Brougham was telling me about a new chrome paint that could pass for chrome - but neither of us know from what distance. Does it look like a triple plated masterpiece from 10 feet, 5 feet? 2 feet? 45 feet?!?!?

I agree with you that all the "chrome" paint I've seen to date, well,,,it LOOKED like a silvery paint, certainly NOT chrome. But this other stuff that Brougham was mentioning apparently is quite good..

We'll have to wait and see what it looks like on someone else's car, eh?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.