Vogue Tyre Care
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Vogue Tyre Care in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What type of brushes are safe for scrubbing Vogues? I just bought a nylon brush from Walmart and I noticed ...
    dom418 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Vogue Tyre Care

What type of brushes are safe for scrubbing Vogues? I just bought a nylon brush from Walmart and I noticed after I used it, small "scratches" were left on the whitewalls. This sounds dumb but I am afraid I am going to scrub the white right off the tire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Vogue Tyre Care

Westley's Bleach White and a soft nylon bristle brush. They are a bear to clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your self a single step, step stool, you're gonna need it.

Thanks. Will the stiff brush I have do any damage? Also where did you find your brush at?

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! !!!!

NEVER EVER USE A CLEANER CONTAINING BLEACH!!!!

PHEW!.........Vogues while being outrageously expensive arent really white walls....they are (white walls) applied after the vulcanizing process on top of the black wall......as a cosmetic touch...

By using any cleaner with a bleach in it you there by slowly destroy the white rubber each time you clean the tires....and brushes will slowly destroy them too.....

So what to do???

Vogue white wall cleaner for one........(my dealer charges $5....then refills it for free whenever you want).....or Eagle One A2Z....with a dish sponge.

CMON SANDY I thought you would know this............if your wondering...I spoke with Vogue Vice President...

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Sandy has been cleaning his though for 10 plus years and they are good still

under 10,000 miles.....of course....he never drives it enough to get serious brake dust or road dirt.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Why would you need anything with a harsh chemical like bleach Sandy?

I just use Spray 9 with a terrycloth towel or that Armour All cleaner and a terrycloth towel. If I get a bad stain or something or neglect them too long I'll lightly use an SOS pad but I wouldn't recommend that with those expensive Vogues.

I have a square piece of carpet that I keep in the trunk to kneel on when I clean them or wax. I can't sit on a little bench because I got 2 discs slipped in my back. Have to keep my back straight.

Shouldn't this thread be in the Appearance and Detailing section?

I've had them dirty, with the crap > brake dust. I could find nothing that got them really white. They are original, and exactly 11 years old. I tried the Vogue Tyre Cleaner & they raped me on them at $7.00 a bottle and it was no better than Westley's, and I had to buy a case or 30 bottles, which came to $210.00. They paid the shipping from Chicago.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/photop...3/26sandy1.jpg

BUY A CASE>...OMG.....some of these dealers are crazy..

Well I use A2Z and Vogue cleaner......neither contain bleach but I feel the A2Z cleans them much better.

Gosh, everybody blames the dealers for everything! I bought it directly from & thru Vogue Tyre Company, located in Chicago. They only sell it by the case. The pump works lousey, the printed on the bottle label dye comes off on your hands, as the product wears of the printed on blue label, and each bottle is small (like 7 OZ.) and you use 1 bottle per cleaning or like one & three-quarters ounces per tire. I promised self never to buy it again.
    Trust me...Westleys will NOT harm your tires! Been using it for 10 years, new. My tires are like new.
    If you are not using your Coupe deVille at all, you should buy a small paint brush and coat your tires with any brand of "tire dressing" ~ not for the "look" but for the oils IN IT, to prevent your tires from cracking in the bitter cold that's coming!! Only Valvoline contains NO OIL, (that's what I use Spring Summer & Fall, but for storage (especially outdoors!!) you'd want the oil factor to keep them from losing the natural oils in rubber.

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

The best way to mantain Vogue tires is to remove them from the car altogether, pack them away in a trunk and then bury them at the bottom of a large body of water - the Pacific Ocean, for example - and never, ever let them see the light of day again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Benson
    The best way to mantain Vogue tires is to remove them from the car altogether, pack them away in a trunk and then bury them at the bottom of a large body of water - the Pacific Ocean, for example - and never, ever let them see the light of day again.
    Jealeous..

Pete Benson is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1990 Fleetwood Coupe

Listen, I'd rather install a set of tank treads on my car. Jealous of Vogue tires? No, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Benson
    Listen, I'd rather install a set of tank treads on my car. Jealous of Vogue tires? No, I don't think so.
    Reason being??? Personal Preference??

Guys, thanks for the help. What brush do you guys use?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.