Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, How I cleaned and restored brightness to EL vinyl top... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; purchased blk el w/blk top from s. fla but top was badly faded from the constant fla sun....apparently not always ...
- 11-23-11 09:42 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 02 eldorado, 01 sls, 06 srx v6
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
How I cleaned and restored brightness to EL vinyl top...
purchased blk el w/blk top from s. fla but top was badly faded from the constant fla sun....apparently not always garaged....
1. sprayed windex on microfiber cloth and rubbed on vinyl on a small section, always allowing different side of micro cloth to clean and rub until clear.....do all over....let dry.
2. used BOILED LINSEED OIL, purchased from Lowes, (put 1 cup of linseed oil w/1/2 tablespoon of corn starch in a glass container w/screw-on top)....shake real well til thourghly mixed.
3. with microfiber cloth, apply very small amt on cloth and apply a small section at a time....BEING CAREFULLY NOT TO GET ON PAINT.........if you do get on paint, wipe off immediately....don't allow to stay on very long.
4. let dry.....it may take a couple of days to completely dry depending on humidity..
I am very happy with the results....nice and bright.....yes, you may have to do this again in 3-6 months but I'll have to see.
I watched a fella that repaired upholstery, rips, etc. do this and it worked great and so I tryed.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Pilot Automotive - Hitch/Bumper Mount Backup Light
Hitch/Bumper Mount Backup Light - Hitch/Bumper Mount Backup Light
- Valvoline MaxLife - Fuel System Cleaner
Fuel System Cleaner - 12 Ounce
- Schumacher Electric - Battery Charger
Battery Charger - 2/10/50A 12 Volt; Automatic