Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, How I cleaned and restored brightness to EL vinyl top... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; purchased blk el w/blk top from s. fla but top was badly faded from the constant fla sun....apparently not always ...
- 11-23-11 08:42 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 02 eldorado, 01 sls, 06 srx v6
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
How I cleaned and restored brightness to EL vinyl top...
purchased blk el w/blk top from s. fla but top was badly faded from the constant fla sun....apparently not always garaged....
1. sprayed windex on microfiber cloth and rubbed on vinyl on a small section, always allowing different side of micro cloth to clean and rub until clear.....do all over....let dry.
2. used BOILED LINSEED OIL, purchased from Lowes, (put 1 cup of linseed oil w/1/2 tablespoon of corn starch in a glass container w/screw-on top)....shake real well til thourghly mixed.
3. with microfiber cloth, apply very small amt on cloth and apply a small section at a time....BEING CAREFULLY NOT TO GET ON PAINT.........if you do get on paint, wipe off immediately....don't allow to stay on very long.
4. let dry.....it may take a couple of days to completely dry depending on humidity..
I am very happy with the results....nice and bright.....yes, you may have to do this again in 3-6 months but I'll have to see.
I watched a fella that repaired upholstery, rips, etc. do this and it worked great and so I tryed.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Crowfoot Wrenches
Crowfoot Wrenches - 9 Pcs 3/8" Dr Crowfoot Wrench Set - Metric
- PowerTorque Tools - Universal Joint Set
Universal Joint Set - 3 Piece; 1/4 Inch, 3/8 Inch, 1/2 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set
Stubby Hex Bits Socket Set - 9 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; SAE Stubby Hex Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8", 3/8" Drive: 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16" & 3/4"