Cleaning the interior?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Cleaning the interior? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So I have all of my seats out and door panels off right now because I'm installing a new stereo ...
    SaltyDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

Cleaning the interior?

So I have all of my seats out and door panels off right now because I'm installing a new stereo system. It just makes it easier to run all the wires and mount everything that way (video amp, HDMI converter, etc).

After I got everything out I noticed how dirty it is. I have the "shale" color interior with leather seats.

Any ideas on what I should use to clean this stuff? I am thinking I will clean the whole thing, carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, and any other areas I may have forgot to mention.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: Cleaning the interior?

For my leather i use Lexol leather treatment:

How to use it:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1574997721-post2.html

simkofab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have a simillar post with no replies. In regards to the carpeting I've used Blue Magic in the past with great results. Found it at Walmart in the car care section. For the seats I use Meguiars cleaner/conditioner.
    So how hard was it to get out the front seats and carpeting? What is under the carpeting? See my previous post as to my problem.
    Also, I'd go to guidetodetailing.com for advice in regards to cleaning. I've recently got into detailing my vehicles and found this site very helpful. Hope this helps.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    So I have all of my seats out and door panels off right now because I'm installing a new stereo system. It just makes it easier to run all the wires and mount everything that way (video amp, HDMI converter, etc).

After I got everything out I noticed how dirty it is. I have the "shale" color interior with leather seats.

Any ideas on what I should use to clean this stuff? I am thinking I will clean the whole thing, carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, and any other areas I may have forgot to mention.

Any suggestions?
    Lexol is ok. Meguiars is ok. Ive found both of those to be poor cleaners, tho, for the really dirty stuff. Try Leatherique if you have really dirty leather. For carpet, you could try folex or a all purpose cleaner. Buy a Bissell little green machine with heater, it is a cheap wet vac that works very well.

SaltyDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 Deville DTS

Quote Originally Posted by simkofab View Post
    So how hard was it to get out the front seats and carpeting? What is under the carpeting? See my previous post as to my problem.
    My seats were pretty easy to get out. Just take out the bolts, unplug the electric cables, and out they come. They're kind of heavy though. I didn't take the carpet out so I have no idea what's under it.

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Lexol is ok. Meguiars is ok. Ive found both of those to be poor cleaners, tho, for the really dirty stuff. Try Leatherique if you have really dirty leather. For carpet, you could try folex or a all purpose cleaner. Buy a Bissell little green machine with heater, it is a cheap wet vac that works very well.
    I will second that. I do my interiors at least once a year and this cleaner is worth its weight in gold. I love it

Don

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

The only complaint I have with the Bissell is the suction-head is too thick. Professional wetvacs designed for cars have very thin heads, lets you get down in tighter areas easier. The Bissell head is quite thick.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.