Clean up of Tire shine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Clean up of Tire shine in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Help, I just purchased a 2005 white diamond escalade and now I have what I think is tire shine on ...
    Kenn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cleanup of tire shine off white diamond escalade

Help, I just purchased a 2005 white diamond escalade and now I have what I think is tire shine on the lower body that is not coming off, even with tar remover. Anyone know what I could use to get this yellow mess off my new ride, and where I could get it. Im in Chicago. Thanks guys. Also I paid $58,000 for a fully loaded 2005 was that a good deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Korn00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Cleanup of tire shine off white diamond escalade

Sounds like you got a really good deal on a fully loaded Escalade. Question is why are you posting this question in the CTS Forum? As far as the tire shine I would have the dealer take a look at it for some suggestions or a car detail place.

suckit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What's tire shine?

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

From my experience tire shine came off with a little scrub with car soap and water, if not it came off with wax. It sounds like you dont have tire shine on your body because i have never seen a yellow tire shine, it may be a type of paint or even glue. Try telling the dealer about it and see what they can do, if not take it to a good body and paint shop and have them take a look at it.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Depending on what type of tire shine they used I would first try claying, but you will probably need a product with abrasives like 3M Scratch and Swirl Remover, some dealer tire products will etch into your clear coat.

Thanks guys, Im new to this and I dont know why I was in the forum. Tire shine is the tire dressing they put on for that shiny look. I think that whats on the lower part of my lade, because only noticed it after my car had been washed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn
    Thanks guys, Im new to this and I dont know why I was in the forum. Tire shine is the tire dressing they put on for that shiny look. I think that whats on the lower part of my lade, because only noticed it after my car had been washed.
    On your next car do yourself a favor and do not let the dealer do anymore than take the plastic off the seats, it's more work but you know it will be done right

rollman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS

If you think this happen from the dealer go back and see if they use a yellow tire shine or possibly something else they used . A good cleaner type polish should remove it if nothing else you tried has . Don't forget to apply what ever protectant (wax or sealant) you use over back on the area you clean to pretect the finish . Good luck and let use know how you make out

Pifemaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Kenn, Did you ever find a fix for these dots? I have the exact same problem on my White Diamond Lade. They seem to be dots about a 1/16" - 1/8" in diameter. They almost appear to be a yellowish stain. I tried to Clay Bar them to remove them, with no sucess. I do not think it is from tire shine, since I only use Zaino's tire gloss. What ever it is, they seem to be increasing in quantity. I originally saw 1 or 2 dots. Now I have about 15 - 20.

Thank you,
    Bob

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

They used Armor All the white-trash of all products! It tells alll about it on the Grand Prix (Pontiac) board, and there are also warnings on it over on the Mark 8 board. The area will have to be re-painted, as there is nothing that will remove it. One guy had the area wet sanded and it still would not come off. Never but never use any armor all product. Urinating on your car would be better! The yellow spots are from the armor all oils, mixing with the tire (rubber) oils that then dry. Then in rain or wet roads, the armor all splashs off and onto the rocker panels that are plastic (rubber) and the oils penetrate INTO the plastic panels staining them with the oils uses in making the tire (rubber) and that penetrates the plastic (painted-rubber) panels on your truck. People on the Mark 8 board have posted a WARNING under car care section http://www.mark8.org and same thing on the Pontiac Grand Prix board. It's the worst & most visable on white cars and light blue cars.

You may have run through an area on the road that walnuts from a walnut tress have fallen on, at our shops we have seen this before, and in fact it happened to me with a white Grand Cherokee I owned years ago, and it etched the paint behind the rear wheels.

Clean up of Tire shine

Well Sandy, you had it right. Spoke to the auto detailer at my dealer and it seems like Armour All was the problem for the black spots I have on my White Diamond Escalade. The shine and the black rubber tires splashes on the bottom part of the lade and spots it up. He said to avoid this is to wipe the shine off instead of leaving it on wet. He was able to get the spots off by steam cleaning it. It looks great now. The yellow stains were from the protective sound guard that I had put on. You all with the white diamond lade watch out for the Armour All, dont go thick on any tire shine. Thanks guys for your comments.

Kenn

RBraczyk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Clean up of Tire shine

Yea, tire shine does not like to come off of anything. Especially the damn tires. And when you use it too much, it looks gross.

Re: Clean up of Tire shine

I can tell you no matter how many times you wipe off Armour All it will still fling down the side of your car or truck, there are several better choices.

an01sts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I like the looks of tire shine, but all of it is really nasty crap. They are all nasty. I use it only on occasion if I cannot get the tires clean, but because all tire shine is so nasty, I live with the natrual, but detailed tire look.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.