switching to leds ?????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, switching to leds ????? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ok i have a simple question has anyone swapped out their interior lights and surround exterior lights to leds .i ...
    still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

switching to leds ?????

ok i have a simple question has anyone swapped out their interior lights and surround exterior lights to leds .i like the old school look with the older bulbs however leds do last longer and they are brighter so has anyone done this and like the results. as for hids too much work and costly . i have a 93 sdv

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Re: switching to leds ?????

You can try and start here. I think the main thing you need to know is whether they make a LED bulb equivalent and how to access the bulb.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ead-first.html

still_walkin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac deville sedan

they do make leds that are equivalent to factory settings . its that my main concern is when they go out i have to special order them because its cheaper online and i wanted to know if someone has done it before and does it the factory look with the yellowish lighting.

Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

I've done them on other cars with some caveats. Yes, they are great, and there are even more available now than there were a few years ago. I've purchased from superbrightleds myself. You'll just need to find the correct type of bulb, then choose the number of LED's you want on it. The light is pretty white but not glaring. As expected, they don't draw hardly any power, and they last friggin' forever, which is great.

My one warning: Make absolutely, positively certain they are the ones that can take polarity either direction. I made the mistake of buying a cheaper brand once that was polarity sensitive, and I didn't realize it. Plugged one in correctly, the other not - and it nearly started a fire. Just pay attention you should be fine, I had no idea at the time they could be polarity sensitive, now I know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.