Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What are you guys using to detail your cars?

6K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  The Raven 
#1 ·
Just trying to decide on what to use. I use to use Meguiars just want to know if they is sometime new and better

#7 · (Edited)
Every 3-4 months I start by using a Clay Bar.

For detailing I use PC 7424XP with Meguiars M105(When needed) and M205 followed by Meguiars M21 and finally M26 wax (overkill but I do it anyway). The pads I use are Lake Country.

I have never used Zaino but have detail friends that swear by it.

Reactions: jordan00escalade
#9 ·
I forgot that I use Meguiars M7 between the M205 and the M21 Sealant.

#11 ·
Zaino products are excellent, however there are plenty of other options that are just as good. Basically, there are a billion great choices and everyone is going to tell you that what they use is the best.

autogeek really is the.premier internet resource for detailing supplies. They carry everything anyone would need across almost all price ranges.

Here is what i use, and I can say that it gives me a perfect finish every time, however I'm not going to try to tell you that its the best.

- meguiars clay bar
- pinnacle xmt swirl remover #2 (applied with pc7424xp)
- pinnacle xmt carnauba glaze (applied by hand)
- zymol carbon (applied by hand)

#15 ·
Do you use the "Perfect It" Series from 3M or what are you using?

#17 ·
I think that's whats on the label. :D

Here are the results. SOrry not on the Caddy as I really haven't taken spot on pictures like this with it. But it's on my show quality GTO, that I also have had my body shop do the 3,000 grit wetsanding process to remove most of the factory "orange peel" in the clearcoat. At the end of the day though, there is NO magical, topical solution that will fix what was laid from the factory. Doesn't matter what Sal Zaino tells you, Mother's tells you, Meguiars, or 3M. It's only as good as to how it's laid in the factory's assembyline priming, paint, and clearcoating process! Zaino NOR 3M will fix issues like that! The best results with ANY of the aformentioned brands come with hard work using that product, not some mystical smelling compound in a bottle itself.

#20 ·
There are as many "detail" products on the market as there are engine snake oils, but CMNTMXR57 is exactly correct in stating that the finish on the car is the starting point.

Get into www.autogeek.net, read and watch some of their videos, and spend the $6 for their detailing CD.

I have been with them for 6 years and have never been disappointed with their line - they carry about every brand on earth - and their shipping is quick.

This is after wash, clay bar, wash, fine swirl orbital polish and Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax/microfiber towels. My poor back.

#22 ·
Been using Zaino for 20 years and selling it for 15 years, before that we were the largest end user of Meguiar's products at our 36 shops, Meguiar's makes good products, but nothing lasts longer than Zaino on cars and boats, ask Viking Yachts. There are many good products that will make your car/truck look good, but when you own Escalade's you don't want to have to "wax" every month or two. :)

#23 ·
but nothing lasts longer than Zaino on cars and boats, ask Viking Yachts.
Ive had Klasse Sealant GLaze outlast Zaino a few times, and vice versa, so IME both are very similar in terms of longevity. Either way, 'nothing lasts longer' is an incorrect statement now. The new nanosealants/permanent coatings will abolutely crush any present Zaino product....unless Zaino has come out recently with a version of their own. Optimum/Cquarts/Aquartz/Nanolex etc will offer longer protection then any common wax or sealant. Optimum Opti-Coat has been proven to last 18 months...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.