What are you guys using to detail your cars? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, What are you guys using to detail your cars? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; As far as a quick detailer, Lucas Slickmist Fast & Easy Speedwax is the best that I have ever tried....
    Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Re: What are you guys using to detail your cars?

As far as a quick detailer, Lucas Slickmist Fast & Easy Speedwax is the best that I have ever tried.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I think that's whats on the label.

Here are the results. SOrry not on the Caddy as I really haven't taken spot on pictures like this with it. But it's on my show quality GTO, that I also have had my body shop do the 3,000 grit wetsanding process to remove most of the factory "orange peel" in the clearcoat. At the end of the day though, there is NO magical, topical solution that will fix what was laid from the factory. Doesn't matter what Sal Zaino tells you, Mother's tells you, Meguiars, or 3M. It's only as good as to how it's laid in the factory's assembyline priming, paint, and clearcoating process! Zaino NOR 3M will fix issues like that! The best results with ANY of the aformentioned brands come with hard work using that product, not some mystical smelling compound in a bottle itself.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by The Raven
    Basically, there are a billion great choices and everyone is going to tell you that what they use is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    zaino is the best.
    See?

Trapspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    Zaino ONLY for black cars.
    Amen.

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

There are as many "detail" products on the market as there are engine snake oils, but CMNTMXR57 is exactly correct in stating that the finish on the car is the starting point.

Get into www.autogeek.net, read and watch some of their videos, and spend the $6 for their detailing CD.

I have been with them for 6 years and have never been disappointed with their line - they carry about every brand on earth - and their shipping is quick.

This is after wash, clay bar, wash, fine swirl orbital polish and Pinnacle Souveran carnauba wax/microfiber towels. My poor back.

Upchuck is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cts 3.6 L/S
    Just used the surf city garage liquid clay, nano glaze and barrier reef Caranuba.....Great stuff and at my wally world its all on clearance. My 04 cts with redline paint looks awesome

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Been using Zaino for 20 years and selling it for 15 years, before that we were the largest end user of Meguiar's products at our 36 shops, Meguiar's makes good products, but nothing lasts longer than Zaino on cars and boats, ask Viking Yachts. There are many good products that will make your car/truck look good, but when you own Escalade's you don't want to have to "wax" every month or two.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    but nothing lasts longer than Zaino on cars and boats, ask Viking Yachts.
    Ive had Klasse Sealant GLaze outlast Zaino a few times, and vice versa, so IME both are very similar in terms of longevity. Either way, 'nothing lasts longer' is an incorrect statement now. The new nanosealants/permanent coatings will abolutely crush any present Zaino product....unless Zaino has come out recently with a version of their own. Optimum/Cquarts/Aquartz/Nanolex etc will offer longer protection then any common wax or sealant. Optimum Opti-Coat has been proven to last 18 months...

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Yeah i'll double that, there are PLENTY of products that last longer than Zaino.

Again, Zaino makes top notch products, but the internet has made WAAAAAAY too much out of the brand. It is possible to do better, sometimes cheaper too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.