Smoked or blacked out Caddy taillights
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Smoked or blacked out Caddy taillights in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Has anyone done this on a 2000+ deville before? Does anyone have any pics of cars with this? Just wondering ...
    Black Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smoked or blacked out Caddy taillights

Has anyone done this on a 2000+ deville before? Does anyone have any pics of cars with this? Just wondering what it would look like.
    Any help will be greatly appriciated.
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Smoked or blacked out Caddy taillights

Don't tell me NOONE has done this before???????

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Iv Seen It B4 On A CtS & 2000 Eldog Convtrbl...looks Tight, But Only If The Color Of Car Is Black Too, Otherwise, Looks Kinda Tacky On A Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceE
    Iv Seen It B4 On A CtS & 2000 Eldog Convtrbl...looks Tight, But Only If The Color Of Car Is Black Too, Otherwise, Looks Kinda Tacky On A Cadillac.
    Yeah i'm trying to find pics of it.
    More spefictly on a white or Black deville.

starofdanorth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS, 2000 SLS

i had a white 94 eldo that i smoked the tail lights and all 4 side markers..it looked sick..but the trick is to use a fine grit to smooth the surface and some wax to shine the lense...i now have an sts and plan to do these tail lights too...if i were you i would definetly do it..i think it gives any car a nice clean look...as long as they are waxed up and not dull...and it only costs like 5-7 bucks for the spray. after i have my sts for awhile..i plan to upgrade to a dts which i plan to smoke the tail lights on as well..i think it looks great..subtle, most people might not even notice...and a cop told me that its all good as long as they can tell what color the lights should be...and i was worried when i smoked mine, cause i thought i went too dark, but the light shines through as crisp as it did before, except it dims the reverse lights, but who cares....i think u should do it...and post pics

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Its done on my cts, everyone always says how great it looks. If you want to ship it out to get it done (someone in ny) try jonstintedtails.com It really is a nice look. Click on the link below to see pictures of my cts

starofdanorth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 STS, 2000 SLS

yup, looks tight on the cts too..honestly i dont think any car would look bad with smoked tails...the tail lights on my eldo were tinted darker..but the light still came through crisp..and my reverse lights were smoked too(not too dark) and i did all my markers i loved it, got a lot of compliments from the people who noticed it, in fact i started a little trend..i work at a vw dealership, and a lot of the other salespeople have jettas or gtis that are modded up..and they all are either going to smoke there lights or have already...i cant wait to do my 96 sts....

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I agree it looks really good, id think itd be especially nice with the LED

Thanks for your help guys. Does anyone know where i can get that tint spray for the taillights??
    What about www.stickercity.com they offer precut and custom smoked taillight plastic that goes over the taillight and looks like it's tinted.
    Then if you feel like taking them off you just peel it and it and you see the orginal light.
    Anyone try this stuff? Or have pics of tinted tails on your guyz's eldo's?

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

So the spray is applied to the outside? Sounds cool. Whats the brand and where do you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_M
    So the spray is applied to the outside? Sounds cool. Whats the brand and where do you get it?
    I think it's applied to the inside of the taillight but maybee someone can fill in the details for us.

ja killz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

wouldnt this be illegal? I would do it but i dunno bout the picky cops around here.

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Go ask a cop to be safe. If your cops are like that, dont risk it. I did that with tinted windows in the front once and the cops not only wrote me up for that but they filled the chart up on the ticket. I even got written up for stuff I had like insurance and registration. It got thrown out in court later but still was a pain in the ass!

Quote Originally Posted by ja killz
    wouldnt this be illegal? I would do it but i dunno bout the picky cops around here.
    No it woulden't be illegal because you can still see the red light come from under the tint. But if you tint it to much and not enough let shines through your gonna get a ticket.

ja killz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

oh gotcha, for some reason i was thinking blacked out ment... blacked out thats cool though did you guys say all you use is a special paint?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.