Black Raven- what wax and steps to make the car shine as new - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Black Raven- what wax and steps to make the car shine as new in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by concorso Wolfgang is from Florida. Previously, you could get that wax for much less then $175 if ...
    Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

Re: Black Raven- what wax and steps to make the car shine as new

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Wolfgang is from Florida. Previously, you could get that wax for much less then $175 if you skipped the wooden box and the refill. The carnauba content is high, but not as high as other waxes, like P21S 100%...the wax content in that wax is entirely carnauba. Fuzion is a cross breed, its laced with polymers.
    Thanks concorso. Reading up a bit more, the Wolfgang Fuzion wax uses pure white carnauba and is blended with "unique German polymers" (possibly why I thought it was German).

This is an interesting thread, as there are obviously lots of opinions. From what I have read, a pure carnauba wax only lasts a couple weeks, which is why the polymers are added - they increase the durabilty. One thing's for sure, there are lots of good choices out there, it all depends what you want to spend and how much work you want to put into it.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I'm not whoring for this company, but I do like this concept of carnuba-over-polymer. Use any products you want, but the polishing compound-polymer-carnuba-detailing spray technique works well for me.

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...eovfishon.html

ogbuehi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville, 2011 DTS

Once all my gear gets stateside I plan to throw Zaino on my 2011 Black DTS. I've tried the gas station brands like turtle and Meguir's and for the same amount of effort Zaino produced a longer lasting shine that I didn't need to reapply every week. A simple hand wash and hand dry was all I needed to keep my 95 Deville looking brand new.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    Thanks concorso. Reading up a bit more, the Wolfgang Fuzion wax uses pure white carnauba and is blended with "unique German polymers" (possibly why I thought it was German).

This is an interesting thread, as there are obviously lots of opinions. From what I have read, a pure carnauba wax only lasts a couple weeks, which is why the polymers are added - they increase the durabilty. One thing's for sure, there are lots of good choices out there, it all depends what you want to spend and how much work you want to put into it.
    Pinnacle/Detailers Pride/Wolfgang and maybe another brand are all produced by the same company in Florida. The Wolfgang line also has input from a German chemist...
    For info sake, the white carnauba doesnt exist that way in nature, its a highly refined version of the #1 yellow carnauba normally used. Polymers look different as well. The hybrid (wax/polymer) waxes look really good, imo.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by cdog533 View Post
    I'm not whoring for this company, but I do like this concept of carnuba-over-polymer. Use any products you want, but the polishing compound-polymer-carnuba-detailing spray technique works well for me.

http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo...eovfishon.html
    I use Blackfire Wet Diamond as my base. 2 coats followed by repeated coats of Concorso every 3 weeks or so works well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.