Black Raven- what wax and steps to make the car shine as new - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Black Raven- what wax and steps to make the car shine as new in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Here are some pictures of the Cherry Wet Wax (From Coats Products). This is on Ford Tuxedo Black paint. This ...
    Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Re: Black Raven- what wax and steps to make the car shine as new

Here are some pictures of the Cherry Wet Wax (From Coats Products). This is on Ford Tuxedo Black paint. This is the best wax I have ever used on Dark colors... nothing compares to it.

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Cub...
    I've tried to order the Cherry Wet Wax and have come up empty handed. Whee do you order yours from?

Thanks,
    Mark

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cub Cadet View Post
    Here are some pictures of the Cherry Wet Wax (From Coats Products). This is on Ford Tuxedo Black paint. This is the best wax I have ever used on Dark colors... nothing compares to it.
    damn that does look good
    sucks for me to live in the city

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Thanks! That was a 1.5hr detail... from washing through waxing. It is phenomenal stuff and is very quick and easy to use.
    To order, please get in contact with Jason at Detail King:

Jason Fung
    Marketing Manager/Internet Sales
    Detail King LP
    888-827-2757
    724-325-4506 - fax
    jasonf@detailking.com
    www.detailking.com

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

The lazy sod that I'm I have used Turtle wax Color Magic Car Polish last weekend.
    It was fast and easy to apply. It removed 95% of scratches and swirl marks.
    The wax is black so it fills scratches very well.
    It also comes with a wax pen for deeper scratches.
    The manufacturer claims it contains Carnauba wax.
    I was wondering if anybody else has used this product as I'm concerned with it's durability.

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

So many different ways. I have different rituals for the different colors and paint types I have.

My Urethane cars get one good sponge pad power buffing with Perfect It.
    I use two types of detail sprays and NEVER wax, I hate wax on urethanes, it becomes magnetic to dust and stays on the surface dull after the sun has baked it to a fade. I use Maguiars Ultimate (with polymers) on my Crystal Red V, and I use Zaino Grand Finale on my GN. The constant build up of Polymers is more effective on increasing the shine better than any wax. To each his own, you either maintain with detail spray or play catch up with polish and waxes.

I have tried MANY products for years and have had countless cars. I find Zaino to be very impressive but don't like the lack of accessibility to it's products. I use ONLY Maguiars Gold Class Car Wash Soap for two reasons, one, it can be very soft and lathery if the right mixture is used, and two, it smells like Johnson and Johnson's No Tears Baby Shampoo. Hey, smell really matters to me...

I use a California water Blade on ALL my cars with ZERO scratches if washed properly. Walk around it with the compressor blow-gun, then dry with a LARGE microfiber hand towel that is seasoned with either Lucas Slick Mist or Eagle One Wax-as-you-dry to dry the vehicle. I never wash my microfiber towels, I throw them away every year and buy new ones from the Adams tent at Corvettes at Carlisle.

Wheels:
    I only use Dawn dishwashing detergent, and I use i special ordered hand sponge that goes all the way in my wheels to the inner bead. I use a sheepskin mitt on the face of the wheel. After drying, I use something we all should use, Armor All Wheel Protectant spray. It really works, and is a must for our cars.

Tires: Westley's Bleach White once a month, then a light coating of Maguiars Endurance Tire Gel.
    Wheel wells: Jack the car up, mitt the wheel wells with dawn, then Armor All Detailer's Choice while still wet to help soak into plastic.

Windows: I only use GM Glass Cleaner from the dealer, It's much stronger that Windex and helps my wipers last longer, plus my V has an endless film on the windshield that I've heard about many times here.

My Lacquer cars are easy:
    Light colors get a hand cleaning with "Finesse It" (same as clay bar but liquid)
    Dark colors get a hand cleaning with "Perfect it" (same as clay bar but liquid)
    Then the light colors get one or two coats a year of Adams Buttery Wax (easy easy wipe off, zero residue, noticeable shine, pretty available to me at Summit Racing).
    The dark colors get Liquid Glass (takes 2 coats to start working, than gets a sic shine)

Oh, and I hate Griots... It's power marketed, and to me shows little results. I am about to embark on some newly acquired way too expensive Wolfgang Fuzion Wax and detail spray on my V, but not expecting any revelations.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
    Zaino takes lots of time once a year. Wash with z7 and finish with spray detailer other times. It's really not that hard to me. I swear by the stuff.

550HP STSV is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Heavily Modified STS-V

Hey yo Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!

First for those on a budget, without a lot of time:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ce-3-step.html

And then:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...te-polish.html

You had better believe it looks twice as good on black.

But I will be using Zaino on my black V this spring. The results will be 2x whats shown above.

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

A couple weekends ago I "Wolfgang'd" my V.

After a hand wash with Dawn, I used the Wolfgang Polish Enhancer. This was the hardest part of the entire process, but even at that, it was pretty easy. I say "hardest" because I used a little extra elbow grease when applying it to help buff out any swirls, mars, etc. that I came across. It worked great and even on the trunk, where I had removed the ugly dealer badge which left a noticeably dull area where it was mounted, it polished that out completely. I was thinking that I might have to use an actual cut polish, but the Wolfgang did great with it.

After the polish, I applied the Wolfgang Fuzion wax. This is the best wax I have ever used. It goes on super easy, and a littel goes a loooong way. It came off just as easy as it went on.

As you can tell by the background, we still haven't fully had srping arrive yet, and just this past weekend got another sh!tload of snow. Once spring does settle in, I'll get to the tires and rims.
    Frikiton and Frikiton like this.

jb_bgg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black/Black V, Manual, Recaros, loaded

That looks really good. Nice job.

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

^^^ Yep - I have to agree. Looks really great!

But never heard of Wolfgang products. Is this a Canadian product, or have I just not noticed it in the local outlets?

Rob

FFBOS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS-V (613rwhp/606rwtq) 10.7@125

I just did a 6hr long "detail" of my 09 black raven. It had some moderate swirls/scratches throughout the clear. The average person wouldn't even note them, but I'm super picky. I used Menzerna products with my orbital buffer.

Cut with a compound and heavy pad, then medium pad with a medium polish, then a super soft pad with a finishing polish, then cleaned it up real good and finished off the entire process with a coat of Z2 from Zaino. The car looks showroom new and has a mirror finish.

Taping off the entire car was a pain in the ass, but well worth it. I did forget about the taillights in the rear and ended up buffer burning a small part of each one, but I would only be able to point it out. This is my first black car I've had, so I'm trying to let the small stuff go....

Wannago is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, Black, Auto

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    ^^^ Yep - I have to agree. Looks really great!

But never heard of Wolfgang products. Is this a Canadian product, or have I just not noticed it in the local outlets?

Rob
    I think it's German Rob. I stumbled across it while browsing a detailing forum, as many of the members really like it. The "main" tub of was comes in a funky wooden box and costs $175.00 and includes free refills. I wasn't about to spend that amount on something I'd never used, so I bought a 3 oz jar for $50.00. I will probably be able to do my car 5 or 6 times with that jar. Apparently it is a high carnauba content wax. I noticed when applying it that it seemed almost "oily", but it buffed off very easy. IMO, well worth the money. I ordered it from an American online supplier I found through google.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wannago View Post
    I think it's German Rob. I stumbled across it while browsing a detailing forum, as many of the members really like it. The "main" tub of was comes in a funky wooden box and costs $175.00 and includes free refills. I wasn't about to spend that amount on something I'd never used, so I bought a 3 oz jar for $50.00. I will probably be able to do my car 5 or 6 times with that jar. Apparently it is a high carnauba content wax. I noticed when applying it that it seemed almost "oily", but it buffed off very easy. IMO, well worth the money. I ordered it from an American online supplier I found through google.
    Wolfgang is from Florida. Previously, you could get that wax for much less then $175 if you skipped the wooden box and the refill. The carnauba content is high, but not as high as other waxes, like P21S 100%...the wax content in that wax is entirely carnauba. Fuzion is a cross breed, its laced with polymers.

cdog533 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by FFBOS View Post
    Taping off the entire car was a pain in the ass, but well worth it. I did forget about the taillights in the rear and ended up buffer burning a small part of each one, but I would only be able to point it out. This is my first black car I've had, so I'm trying to let the small stuff go....
    Will a Porter 7424 or equivalent 'buffer-burn' the taillights? I've not seen that happen....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.