How to fix dash that gets unglued by sun? Pictures included..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, How to fix dash that gets unglued by sun? Pictures included.. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; This happened after I had to park in full Texan sun for a year at a job site. What would ...
    TexasGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville 97

How to fix dash that gets unglued by sun? Pictures included..

This happened after I had to park in full Texan sun for a year at a job site. What would you do to fix this on a budget on your own?

Not sure how to take it off to glue back properly. Because the upper leather is now "mis-shaped" the air vent and the speaker are popping out and it starts to look like a mess. My car is in very good condition but this just makes it an eye sore.

Need your advice. Thank you.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: How to fix dash that gets unglued by sun? Pictures included..

Bump

iametarq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None

you may have better luck getting an answer in the Seville section. I'm interested in the solution, too, mine i just noticed is just barely starting to come up.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Like he said above, search the Seville section. You have to remove the vents (held in by a plastic tab inside) and remove a screw behind each vent to undo the dash. I believe you also have to remove the a-pillar covers by pulling them straight out.

The dash can be reglued with clamps, small wood planks, and Gorilla Glue. Search for more specific directions.

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

If the plastic is really warped, you're gonna have to be better than good and more than lucky to make it look half-way pleasing to the eye. Why not install a fabric dash cover over it? (One would have probably saved you this heartache in the first place.) Either that or buy a new dash pad from gmpartsdirect and save big. Then get a solar dash shield an/or dash mat!

CC

The above are all relevant advices, however, the damn thing by now so much sticks out that I believe I need to remove it to properly glue it back well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.