CTS egged!! options for fix
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, CTS egged!! options for fix in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have an 08 CTS black raven and someone threw an egg at the rear driver door the other month. ...
    SoCalCTS08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS 3.6DI

CTS egged!! options for fix

I have an 08 CTS black raven and someone threw an egg at the rear driver door the other month. Luckily it didn't bake in the sun. The only damage is the circular pattern chipped area where the egg shell impacted. The lowest estimate I got to repaint the entire door is $700 dollars. Ideally i'd like to find a cheaper option. Would touching it up with an airbrush be an option? I eventually will probably have the door painted however i'm low on funds now and seeing the mark each day is driving me nuts. Have any forum members here had any success with airbrushing. thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlackCadillac91 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd

Re: CTS egged!! options for fix

A friend of mine has a black charger that got egged last year and the same circular pattern resulted. He has tried buffing it, filling it, waxing it, and nothing seems to really get rid of it. I doubt airbrushing it would be a good idea seeing as how it would put a layer of black over the clearcoat. Might not look right.

Sahuarita is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '92 ELDO '94 ELDO '96 ELDO '98 ELDO 2010 SRX

Red face Re: CTS egged!! options for fix

BlackCadillac91,

Your Friend was on the right track. However, what you need to consider is sanding...yes sanding...I've detailed cars for many years and I've come across alot of bad car surfaces and most can be dealt with my using 2500-3000 grit auto sandpaper. An expert Detailer in your area will know what I'm talking about and fix your problem without having to re-paint. It's alot cheaper!

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Re: CTS egged!! options for fix

Ive also heard of many detailing shops using paint thinner on the trouble areas that have been egged. It basically does the same thing as sanding but its not as harsh. After applying the thinner wash/wax/polish the car as normal. Now if its chipped paint then nothing short of getting it repainted will fix it. You can try to use some GM touch up paint paint from the dealership but thats about as good as its gonna get without repainting. I use the touch up paint on my front bumper to hide small rock chips and it looks great. Best $11 I ever spent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.