Recommend some splash guards for STS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Recommend some splash guards for STS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I need some splash guards (mud flaps, whatever) for my STS. The winter roads here in Utah are nasty, and ...
    Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Recommend some splash guards for STS

I need some splash guards (mud flaps, whatever) for my STS. The winter roads here in Utah are nasty, and I'd like to keep the crud off my car as much as possible. Where can I get an attractive flap that's still functional? I don't want something that's dragging on the ground and making the car look crummy. The molded fit ones might rub on the painted trim, not sure if I like that idea. Thanks in advance for ideas!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Recommend some splash guards for STS

Quote Originally Posted by Jailtime View Post
    I need some splash guards (mud flaps, whatever) for my STS. The winter roads here in Utah are nasty, and I'd like to keep the crud off my car as much as possible. Where can I get an attractive flap that's still functional? I don't want something that's dragging on the ground and making the car look crummy. The molded fit ones might rub on the painted trim, not sure if I like that idea. Thanks in advance for ideas!
    Two years back there were two owners in here who went with the black generic, flat, slightly textured flaps - one set was with the silver Cadillac script and one was blank. The type you remove the wheel(s), fit and screw onto the plastic wheelwell liner with 1/4" self tapping screws. Many pics - and not too shabby. If you did some hard searching you might still find the pics.

I'm considering doing all 4 wheels when I do the EBC rotors/brakes - those wide tires and rolled quarters allow far too much road crap and mud onto the paintwork.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

My friend has a 99 STS with those flat black flaps that have the Cadillac script on them. They look great, distinctive without being "blingy". I have no idea where to find them. Maybe I'll try the dealer accessory shop. I have a 25% off coupon for that shop.

83ville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 83 Seville

I dont have any guards on my car, but ran across these on ebay. I have purchased things from these guys and they are really good to work with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Spl...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.