Brown Royal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Brown Royal in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My wife usually takes her '07 BMW 328xi through the car wash while I wash my Seville by hand. Her ...
    Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Brown Royal

My wife usually takes her '07 BMW 328xi through the car wash while I wash my Seville by hand. Her wheels always look like crap. BMW uses an organic brake compound which slings dust everywhere by the bucket load. I just changed her brakes to a semi metallic pad so the brake dust should be lessened by a great deal now. But now the wheel cleaning is underway. I used standard wheel cleaner that claims no scrubbing is required. Yeah right. Well her wheels look pretty good now but there is still some spots that will need some attention. And that includes the back side of them. Trying to find a better cleaner I came across the Brown Royal. I found the You Tube videos on this stuff. All I can say is WOW. I placed an order for this cleaner today and will try it out when it arrives. I will take pics of two wheels side by side. Cleaning one with Brown Royal and one with the store bought cleaner. I am not sure which one it is but I will post it when I update this thread. I am hoping that the Brown Royal works as advertised. It seems to be a miracle product. Search Brown Royal on You Tube and be amazed at what this stuff will do

Don

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Brown Royal

I received my Brown Royal today. I got right to work. I removed the wheels from the Bimmer and proceeded to clean the backs of them. She bought the car in May of '07 so the brake dust has been building up since then (3 years and 3 Months). I doused one wheel with Brown Royal (straight form the bottle at full strength) and one more with Purple Power cleaner. I let them soak for about a minute and applied more product to the wheels. After another minute it was time to rinse. After rinsing both wheels the disappointment set in. They did about the same. Time to break out the wheel brush and scrub. I did three wheels with the Brown Royal and the brush and got about 95% of the dust off. On the last wheel I used the Purple Power just as I had been using the Brown Royal. I sprayed, let it soak, brushed, applied more product, scrubbed, applied more product, scrubbed, and rinsed. The wheel came out horrible. I then sprayed the Brown Royal and let it sit for about 3 minutes, applied more, let it sit, applied more, scrubbed, applied more, scrubbed, and rinsed. The wheel came out spotless.

So to sum it all up I give the Brown Royal a C+ to a B-. Most of that is because it (just like every other wheel cleaner out there) claimed to be a spray and rinse product. Scrubbing was absolutely necessary. Maybe it was my fault. Maybe my test was unrealistic for any wheel cleaner to tackle. 3.25 years of untouched brake dusted BMW wheels is a test times 8. BMW's throw out a staggering amount of brake dust with their organic brake pad compound. Maybe it was because I didn't allow the product to work long enough, as evidenced by the last wheel I cleaned, and they would have faired better had I done so.

Final thought would be that I am not disappointed with the Brown Royal. I am neither ecstatic with it. But now that the wheels are clean I will cut the product with water and do more frequent wheel cleanings. This way the brake dust won't have time to build up like they had before. Would I buy this again? Answer is yes. Although it didn't turn out to be the phenomenal product that the You Tube videos showed, it still ended up being better than store bought wheel cleaners. Plus the Brown Royal is uncut product. So you can add water to it to make it go further. So over all it ends up being much cheaper than the store bought wheel cleaners that don't work as well.

I hope this tutorial helps anyone who may be thinking of buying the Brown Royal wheel cleaner

Don

Well after a power steering mishap I had a very large mess to clean up in my engine compartment. I sprayed diluted Brown Royal (about 4/1) all over the engine compartment and let it sit for about two minutes. I then sprayed it on again and waited another two minutes. I hosed it off and the engine compartment looks almost like a brand new car. Without scrubbing anything it removed all the oil, dirt, dust, and brake fluid from everywhere.

I also washed both my car and my wifes car today and used the Brown Royal for the wheels and wheel wells. It makes the job so simple now. I just spray it on the wheels, let it sit a minute, grab my Daytona speed brush, and get at it. The wheels came out sparkling. I am very pleased with this stuff.

Don

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah every BMW i see on the road has dark grey front wheels and silver rear wheels... apparently BMW owners in town don't really care about their cars
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

wrt your engine bay wash down: any concerns about water and electronics in the engine bay? i've always wanted to do an engine bay wash like you describe but am wary of getting water on/in the pcm and other electrical components
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by rippypartsmaster View Post
    wrt your engine bay wash down: any concerns about water and electronics in the engine bay? i've always wanted to do an engine bay wash like you describe but am wary of getting water on/in the pcm and other electrical components
    Let this put you at ease. I probably used about 20 to 30 gallons of water to wash down the engine this morning. I did not use a hard stream though. I have a nozzle that has like 10 settings. Very similar to this one
    http://www.torinjacks.com/ProductDet...x?ProductID=94
    I use the shower setting which has high volume but low pressure spray pattern. I have been washing the engines of every vehicle I have owned for a very long time. I have never had an issue with doing this

Don

Engine off, right?

Yes there is no reason to have the engine running. If the engine is running all it will do is have the fan blow the water all over the place. plus water hitting plastic fan blades is not good

Don

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Back in the early summer/spring there was a Vendor who distributed Brown Royal and some other products under the FlashWax logo - FlashMan, in Florida. You can still find his posts from months ago in here. He had a couple of decent products but he faded away pretty quickly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.