what's best for exterior vinyl/rubber and won't run
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, what's best for exterior vinyl/rubber and won't run in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; What is a good product to protect the vinyl and rubber trim on my car's exterior? I have a White ...
    sonors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

what's best for exterior vinyl/rubber and won't run

What is a good product to protect the vinyl and rubber trim on my car's exterior? I have a White Diamond STS so a product that will NOT run is a must. Not so much interested in getting the black color back as I am in protecting it from further fading/uv damage, though blackening it up would be nice too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rabrew1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS - Pearl white diamond

Re: what's best for exterior vinyl/rubber and won't run

Sonsors,

Interesting that you should ask, and I see nobody has chimed in. I had been using Back to Black on my exterior trim and tires. The results have been ok. But let's face it anything looks better than just leaving it alone. I was in Pep Boys last week just browsing when I came across a UK product called Auto Glym. I picked up the Vinyl & Rubber Care. I have always gotten a lot of compliments on my White Diamond STS but this stuff goes down without streaking and leaves a uniform coverage. It does not take a lot so this bottle will last a while. Not sure of the durability as of yet. It does have the capability to look as a matte or gloss finish. I'm a matte look person myself. The tires look brand new and all the outside trim is a black black if you know what I mean. I received 3 compliments today alone. That's worth the price of the product. Give it a try. It's only $8.00.

sonors is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Rabrew,

I was also surprised at the lack of responses to this question. Thanks for the info. I'll have to check that stuff out.

SD Detail is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Any product that is water based will be very easy to use and will not streak, if you get it on glass or paint than it usually wipes away without issue.

My favorite product for this is Adams Super VRT dressing.

The only problem is with a waterbased dressing is that they will wash away faster than a oil based product.

For a oil based product that is a little tougher to apply but lasts a very long time, use Black Wow.

Both of the above I use regularly on customers cars and are outstanding.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

meguires vinyl/rubber dressing (matte finish, please!) is also good - no runs, hits or errors.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.