Need a Hood Repaint
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Need a Hood Repaint in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just got my car back from the collision center- got a new front bumper courtesy of a kid's insurance company- ...
    Warmarshall2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 Eldorado 77,000 miles

Need a Hood Repaint

Just got my car back from the collision center- got a new front bumper courtesy of a kid's insurance company- and the dealership did an absolutely wonderful job with it.

I noticed that the clear coat is peeling off of my hood again (had the same problem a few months ago and I tried to fix it myself DOH). I had an estimate done by the Cadillac dealership and they wanted over $700 for it. Now call me completely uninformed, but this seems a bit high. Am I right in thinking this? They're going to sand it down to the metal and start over.

So from there, I am looking for suggestions about where I can have this done and done right. I'd use Maaco, but I've heard that they aren't that reliable. Recommendations? How much would/should a hood repaint cost for my Eldorado?

Thanks!
    Warmarshall

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Re: Need a Hood Repaint

Id say that sounds about right for a dealership price. Thats actually not a bad price for a professional Cadillac quality paint job. I would have put the hood damage in the insurance claim as well and had it fixed when they replaced your bumper. Just remember when it comes to paint jobs, you get what you pay for!

Warmarshall2nd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 Eldorado 77,000 miles

To be honest, but honesty won out. Plus, there was no way that I could have convinced anyone that the hood got damaged in the 'wreck'. The damage was very localized to the front passenger corner of the bumper cover.

I'm going to be looking around for some estimates the next couple days. We shall see...

Thanks for your response!

brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre

Goto some regular body shops it shouldn't be too hard to beat that $700 price.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.