Needing 1994 Concours upgrade suggestions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Needing 1994 Concours upgrade suggestions in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Let me start by saying that I am not a mod head or a grease monkey of anykind. I have ...
    l3legacy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 DeVille Concours

Needing 1994 Concours upgrade suggestions

Let me start by saying that I am not a mod head or a grease monkey of anykind. I have never even changed a tire. I am mildly intellegent and willing to try to do things myself, so don't judge me. LOL. I think that I can reasonably handle most things so I'm thinking of tackling some small things myself. Anyway...

I bought a 1994 Deville concours with 107,000 miles on it May 4th 2010.
    Over all I love the ride on the car and I hope that I didn't get a "lemon", so I hope to keep it for some time. I am also looking for any upgrade and performance parts that I should look into getting. This will be a ongoing process so please list out with any details you may have. I have thought about exhaust, suspension, audio (antiena), tires and wheels, etc. So, any ideas on where I should start would be helpful. Anything that could improve the look too. My car is all stock. I will post pics in a couple hours.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Re: Needing 1994 Concours upgrade suggestions

Any kind of "upgrades" on this car are going to be thrown away money. Just fix whatever breaks (and there will be a lot) until it gets too expensive, and then get rid of it...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

2000ForrestGrnCatty is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS

Those Caddy Concours are quite popular around my area. Looks great with upgraded late model Cadillac chrome wheels and tires. That's what a lot of guys in my area upgrade to first. 107,000 miles is not a lot, and you should get a couple of more years of good service from it, providing you take care of the basics.

Frost is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1988 SDV; 1997 SDV D'Elegance

A set of Vogues, some nice (tastefully sized) chrome rims and maybe some aftermarket lowering springs would set off the exterior quite nicely. Dont know the paint colour, but a good window tint -within your local legal limits - job might also be in order.

Interior is already nicely laid out with the console shifeer, etc. Maybe a nav unit down the road?

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by hueterm View Post
    Any kind of "upgrades" on this car are going to be thrown away money. Just fix whatever breaks (and there will be a lot) until it gets too expensive, and then get rid of it...

And let me add two more things to cover other discussions in this thread:

1- I usually consider 100K miles as the point that big and small problems start to pop up from a cadi and there will be no stop for it!

2- The best you can do for a Cadillac is to keep it original, the way it was designed and called a Cadillac! These cars are usually perfect cars and there is not a lot we can do for them, else the engineers in cadillac would do them in first place...

red_ghost is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1991 Deville, 1995 Deville

I just picked up a 95, and I bought a gold and chrome e&g grille and some new wheel centers. I will be repainting it the stock pearl white and adding some custom pinstriping.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.