Help with RPO code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Help with RPO code in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 92 Coupe Deville in Lt Beige Met., Paint Code U9805. I need to replace the 1/2 vinyl ...
    dealer58 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 Coupe; 83 Eldo; 94 Eldo; 03 CTS; 99 Catera

Help with RPO code

I have a 92 Coupe Deville in Lt Beige Met., Paint Code U9805. I need to replace the 1/2 vinyl top that is so badly discolored I cannot tell what the original color was!! I have the SPID label and checked every code on it but I cannot find the vinyl top color. I'm thinking it might not be on that list that is posted (nice list by the way!).

The bottom line of the SPID label reads:

BSE/CLR COAT MA-L9805 U9805 A9646 66T 524

I'm thinking this is where the vinyl top color code might be. I went to an upholserer and from a GM vinyl color chart he has we both think the color might be Gold Mist Metallic and had 2 numbers. The numbers were 46 and
    V6237 but I have no idea if they are GM numbers.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Re: Help with RPO code

Does the VIN match the PDI label? This doesn't make sense as 66T is DK Auburn. Ok you say it is a 92, so there was White 40T, Silver 13T, Black 41T, Sapphire Blue 22T, Garnet REd 72T, Dark Garnet Red 76T, Black Sapphire Firemist 28T, DK Green Gray 18T, Med Sapphire Blue 83T, Lt Med Beige 57T, Med Taupe 63T, Gunmetal 87T, Dk Plum 88T, and the DK Auburn 66T. My parts book shows 23 different colors, some were only 1991, some were 91-92, some were 91-93 etc. Here is something else I also found interesting. Looking in the other parts book, group 15.490, They listed ROOF COVER-ROOF MATERIAL, Top Covering. But the years covered were only from 85-88. My books cover all "C" body from 85-93. In the group for the 89-93 they only show a part number for the piece of vinyl stiched and I guess ready to be streched over the pad or whatever. Boy would I like to find one of those.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.