detail procedures and products
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, detail procedures and products in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; tsup guys, newbie question, i just got my car back from the shop where they painted it and worked their ...
    dead civic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SILVER CTS V

detail procedures and products

tsup guys, newbie question, i just got my car back from the shop where they painted it and worked their magic on the skin... im amazed by what some polish or waxing can do for a car. i'm interested in maintaining my cars paint in good condition, but all i've known is gas station car washes.

i took a walk thru targets cleaning isle and i dunno what stuff to buy wax, spray detailer, different cloths and pads.

what do you guys use and in what order/ fashion are they aplied to achieve taht spreme shine. how often is it done? and does it have to be done everytime i wash the car?
    thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Skiller. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: detail procedures and products

I use this stuff...

It works great, and smells great lol.

You don't have to do it after every wash, it lasts for quite a while. I usually do it once every few months.

Apply a light coat to the entire car in a circular motion. Allow it to dry for 15-20 minutes and wipe all the excess off with a dry towel.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

dead, look up FlashMan's site - he's in the business of making cars look great.................there are other detailers and vendors in CF also - do some searching.

I'm not sure you want to use anything harsh or polishy on a new paint job..................

Flash man is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Cadillac Seville

Hi Dead Civic,

If you just got your car painted, its a good idea not to put any silicone (wax) on the car for about 30-45 days. The reason these body shops tell you to wait is because fresh paint/clear coat will have solvents that need to escape from the finish. If you use a wax (silicone) before the burn off time. The silicone will seal the finish and trap these solvents from escaping. Good idea to put the car out in the sun and it will burn off quicker and help cure the paint. You can use a non-silicone polish for now.

Let me tell you the truth about gas station car washes. If you take your car to a touchless or brushless car wash with no mitters touching your car. Then the soap that cleans your car is going to be an aggressive Hi Ph soap. Similar to Dawn dish washing detergent. Which means it strips wax. There is an option for a sealer wax, or hot wax option. I suggest using this when going to these car washes. The reason to use this type of soap is to get your car clean. If it is not aggressive enough your car wont get clean and you will complain. So, if you regularly use this type of car wash. Then you better hand wax your car more often, or use our Grape Gloss polymer spray wax detailer regularly.

Meguiars and Mothers makes good products, but they are hard to work with. All of our Waxes, polishes and compounds are easy on and easy off. They are Malco high quality Professional grade detailing products. Professional grade means, easy to use and outstanding results on the first application. Lets face it guys, Cadillacs are big cars. There is a lot of cubic feet to clean and wax. I want to wax and clean it once and its done.

We manufacture a wash & wax car soap called Deep Purple wash & wax shampoo. Its very different than the leading wash & wax soaps. The wax that is in the soap breaks and beads on the car after rinsing it, You can let it dry on your car in the sun and it rinses off with no streaking. The wax in the soap acts as a water softening agent. Also great for us here in hard water Florida. Your car will look like it was just waxed after washing it.

I dont mean to be long winded, but I thought I would just pass on some information. If you have any questions Dead Civic, feel free to ask. Thanks for the call Submariner.

Joe Flash man

dead civic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 SILVER CTS V

"wash & wax car soap called Deep Purple wash & wax shampoo" this sounds right for me? no real waxing after? where can i get this? local auto zone? what kind of cloth should i use with this?i saw a spray that said wax as u dry, is this the same except i only buy one as opposed to the wash and the wax seperate?

so what is a buff then i thought a wax was a buff? i'd surf the net but this place so many walls i'm lucky/happy to be on this

BTW i really apreciate you guys thanks.

Flash man is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Cadillac Seville

Hi DC,

Deep Purple is used as a bucket wash for your car. You put 1-2 oz in a gallon of water and use a sponge or a wool wash mitt to apply to the vehicle.

Grape Gloss is a spray wax and can be used on a wet car to help dry and wax it as you dry it.
    It can be used on the paint and glass. Light mist and wipe with a microfiber towel or a chamois.

Buffing can be done with a cleaner wax, polish, compound etc. It can be applied and removed by hand or machine.

You can only purchase these products thru our website at www.flashwax.com. We are offering free product samples of our Brown Royal wheel cleaner, Grape Gloss spray wax, Deep Purple wash & wax and Aqua Gloss tire shine. Go up to the vendor section and click on Flashwax. You will find all the information about the free sample kit. Thanks.

Joe Flash man
    Flash Auto Detail Products
    www.flashwax.com
    727 582-9073

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.