Custom Deville Nightvision Grill
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Custom Deville Nightvision Grill in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; E&G does not make a vertical bar grill with the nightvision cut out.. I had this custom made... Finally after ...
    Swangin-&-Bangin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 DTS

Custom Deville Nightvision Grill **Updated** Pics of Car

E&G does not make a vertical bar grill with the nightvision cut out.. I had this custom made...

Finally after 3 months I got my grill complete. I own a 03 Caddy Deville DTS with Nightvision. I do not like the factory unpaited grill that comes with this option. I do not like the look of the Billet Nightvision grill that E&G offers. So I bought a E&G Classic grill and had it modified for nightvision then chromed. I havent put it on my ride yet. Hopefully I can install it soon.. Tell me what you think.. To my knowledge this is the only one in the world. I hope that it lines up right with the camera.. If not I will probably have another one made. As with any one off, custom fabrication there could have been slight errors made when cutting and welding.. Hence the more I do these, the better they get...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Re: Custom Deville Nightvision Grill

That looks fantastic.......cant wait to see installed pics.

Thanks Here are pics of the grill installed on the car...

dawgjoose and dawgjoose like this.

You now have my favorite DTS on this forum.......that color combo w/vogues and that grill make it look very classy and not over done.....which is wierd because I love over done Devilles.......yet yours is one of my favorites.........good job.

devillain00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Baltimore, MD/tampa, fl/ft stewart, ga/Seoul, S. Korea

That looks real tight man, who made that for you? Hows it work with the nightvision.

I bought the original E&G Grill off of ebay.
    I then called about 12 different custom fabricators / welders in the dallas texas area. I finally found a guy that was willing to attempt to cut the grill and weld a ring in place
    After that was done I called about 5 different chromers before i found one that would attempt to chrome the grill. Finally I got tired of trying to find a chromer and just dropped the grill off at a wheel shop and told them I would pay them to do all the leg work and get the grill chromed.. After 3 weeks they called me back and said that they have my grill chromed plated..

This was not something that I just called up and ordered. This was a project and I was the project manager and provided financing.. This was not cheap nor fast.. I have $1500 invested + a lot of time... But now since I have all the connects to make this grill I may get about 5 of them made and sell them for $1700 each.. But I don’t know if anyone else is willing to pay that kinda of money for a grill...

WOW, thats expensive......you should search out of your local area....there are alot of Chromers in Cali that are really cheap and they are some of the best out there I hear.....also I think you can get it fabed for a better price too.....work something out with the guy who does it.........

Also check with your local dealer and see if they would want to buy any of these from you........call dealers in Florida while your at it......they love these things.

I personally don't really see a lot of devilles with the Nightvision option. So I don't really think that companies will think it is a wise investment.. Out of the hundreds of Devilles I see, I might have seen about 10 Devilles with the NightVision option. And on top of that, the person behind the wheel looked to be a Senior Citizen. If more people in my age group (I am 24) had this type of car I would definitely think it would be worth a $10,000 investment, and I would try to get at least 12 of them made and sell them for about $1300 each....

Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG

looks good, i had a 2000 DTS with nightvision option, it was really cool, only thing i didnt like was the unpainted grill. But i went ahead and got the silver billet grill (my car was silver also) so the grill looked really nice with the car.

lowscola is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): DeVille DHS

I almost missed this thread...been on vacation. That is the best Night Vision Grill I've seen. I have a black DHS with Night Vision so the stock grill doesn't look that bad. I still want to do something with it though. At the very least get it painted to match the body color. I don't normally like the Rolls Royce/ Castle style grill but your's is tight as hell. I wouldn't mind having one myself.

You set the bar with that one.

PurpleDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

hey! i am new to the whole caddy seen and was wondering what the heck night vision on the grill is exactly. like is it an extra light or something???????? sorry to sound so dumb, but i am lost! it looks great though

For info on nightvision click on the link below...
    Cadillac NightVision

PurpleDeville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

WOW! thats really freakin cool! what will they think of next!

shredder130 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

that looks like some james bond shit, i'm half expecting a machine gun to pop out, looks nice man :coolgleam

calvinbjr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gone:'90 DeVille, '96 DeVille, '98 SLS Current: '05 DTS

I know that this is an ancieat thread, but I was wondering if you still have the stock NV grill?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.