Zaino Towel Madness
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Zaino Towel Madness in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; It ain't easy being Canadian. Well, it is, but not when you want 100% made in the USA cotton towels ...
    caddieboy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS White Diamond base, 1992 Brougham White/White 5.7

Zaino Towel Madness

It ain't easy being Canadian. Well, it is, but not when you want 100% made in the USA cotton towels as per Zaino's recommendation. I even tried getting the DF Concours Microfibre towels but my local Zaino guy is sold out. The Cannon towels I bought from Sears via mail order didn't pass the CD scratch test and I really want to wash and Zaino my car. Coming up on a month that I've had her!

Today I went to a Bath and linen place, and the lady recommended the 50/50 Cotton/Bamboo towels. When I think Bamboo I think SCRATCH! But they were admittedly much softer than all the cotton towels I've encountered. I bought a bath size towel for $20, brought it home and it passed the CD scratch test. Even when I pressed very hard with the dry, unwashed towel, I could barely see any scratches, although there was something if I shined the light just right. Even then, hardly noticeable, and I REALLY pressed hard.

I'm going to wash it, dry it, and give it a go tomorrow. Wish me luck!!! And let's hope the DF Concours come in!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1989 STS / 1991 d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

Re: Zaino Towel Madness

This is the first I've heard of the CD scratch test but it seems pretty viable. I'm going to test all my MF towels now. LOL
    Ownership:
    89 STS (1 of 1893) - FOR SALE
    91 d'Elegance 350
    02 DTS
    01 DTS:
    Custom installed Volant CAI
    Custom PCM
    Body color engine components
    Cruiser Alloy wheels
    EBC brakes and rotors
    Eibach springs
    Corsa exhaust
    Sportwing Spoiler
    Semi-custom interior
    Custom quad Hi-Beams
    Future Plans: More interior work.

Memberships:
    National and regional Cadillac & LaSalle Club
    Proud Volunteer - Northstar Tuning Project
    Guinness World Records - Largest Cadillac Parade

----------------------------

I think CDs are hard enough, so if the CD scratches from the towel, I would expect your paint's clearcoat would scratch as well. Let us know how the MFs performed!

codewize is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1989 STS / 1991 d'Elegance / 2001 DTS / 2002 DTS

I tested all my towels. Some are from Perfect Auto Finish and some are from our Zaino dealer. None of them did anything to a CD. Even pressing hard.
    Ownership:
    89 STS (1 of 1893) - FOR SALE
    91 d'Elegance 350
    02 DTS
    01 DTS:
    Custom installed Volant CAI
    Custom PCM
    Body color engine components
    Cruiser Alloy wheels
    EBC brakes and rotors
    Eibach springs
    Corsa exhaust
    Sportwing Spoiler
    Semi-custom interior
    Custom quad Hi-Beams
    Future Plans: More interior work.

Memberships:
    National and regional Cadillac & LaSalle Club
    Proud Volunteer - Northstar Tuning Project
    Guinness World Records - Largest Cadillac Parade

----------------------------

Stickman81 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Have you talked with Sal directly?
    He may have some suggestions.

I have really enjoyed using Zaino products and the fact that I can talk direct to Sal and get great customer service is icing on the cake.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman81 View Post
    Have you talked with Sal directly?
    He may have some suggestions.

I have really enjoyed using Zaino products and the fact that I can talk direct to Sal and get great customer service is icing on the cake.

Best of luck.
    I'm not sure Sal is familiar with what's available in Canada. I did try a very soft towel which was a mix of bamboo and cotton. So far I see no swirls, and it seems to be gentle enough. I will get the DF Concours for the next big wash.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Cannon and Fieldcrest companies are out of business, making it harder to find good towels, one good American towel company is Martex, their "Atelier" is a good towel, been using them for years now. Zaino's new microfiber towels are another great choice, as are some of the other high end microfiber towels, stay away from the cheap microfiber towel except for cleaning glass.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Cannon and Fieldcrest companies are out of business, making it harder to find good towels, one good American towel company is Martex, their "Atelier" is a good towel, been using them for years now. Zaino's new microfiber towels are another great choice, as are some of the other high end microfiber towels, stay away from the cheap microfiber towel except for cleaning glass.
    I can get Markex from sears.ca, but not in white!!! I don't know if Zaino Microfiber towels are available in Canada.

What are some good high end microfibers? I have no idea which are cheap and which are high end, except perhaps guessing by price.

Autogeek has Cobra Shamrock 750 which I have used and work well, they are thicker than the Zaino microfiber towels, they seem to do a better job with drying and detail sprays than removing Z-2 or Z-5 IMO, I like the Zaino towel best overall, but still use a lot of cotton towels

I do find the towels are good. Since they are fluffy, I don't think they would scratch very much. So far what I've used hasn't shown any scratches, but I've only washed it and zaino'd once, so the evidence won't show up until later if it is scratching the surface.

But I guess that's what Z5 is for. I hope never to have to use it though, which is likely since White Diamond shows less, but I have seen some White Diamonds which look like they've been through cloth car washes a million times.

EBONY STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 EBONY STS, 1 Owner 43K Klm's...

I don't know if any Canadian's are still looking for Zaino Towels or products but you can get them from this site, I usually grab stuff off him at the Car Shows for my Shelby GT500... He's out in Burlington...

http://www.carpolish.ca/

Thanks Ebony STS! But he's out of stock at the moment. Well, he has the Zaino towels, but I'm looking for the Concours towels. The Zaino towels he only recommends for cleaning, not for application of Zaino polymers.

Quote Originally Posted by caddieboy View Post
    Thanks Ebony STS! But he's out of stock at the moment. Well, he has the Zaino towels, but I'm looking for the Concours towels. The Zaino towels he only recommends for cleaning, not for application of Zaino polymers.
    Removing Z-2, Z-5 or Z-AIO works great with the new Zaino towels, that is what they do best. You can get the DF towels direct thru their web site, we used to sell them, and sold them for years, but had too many problems with late deliveries

Oops! I meant the other way around! The Zaino Blonde towels are apparently not meant for washing cars. I won't need them for a while, but may get them at the Toronto Auto Show. Anyone know where is he located at the Auto Show?

BTW, the Bamboo towels I used to wash the car worked great! I do love Zaino! Smells great, and I love the protection I get. I hope it holds up in the salty conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by caddieboy View Post
    Oops! I meant the other way around! The Zaino Blonde towels are apparently not meant for washing cars. I won't need them for a while, but may get them at the Toronto Auto Show. Anyone know where is he located at the Auto Show?

BTW, the Bamboo towels I used to wash the car worked great! I do love Zaino! Smells great, and I love the protection I get. I hope it holds up in the salty conditions!
    That is the mail reason I use it, where I live in upstate NY our cars/trucks are covered with snow and salt 4-5 months a year, and when you wash them they still bead.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.