Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, How do I remove front/rear bumpers - 1973 Eldo in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 1973 Eldorado. It is my understanding that I need to remove the bumpers in order to replace ...
- 06-22-09 08:10 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 1973 Cadillac Covertible Eldorado
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
How do I remove front/rear bumpers - 1973 Eldo
I have a 1973 Eldorado. It is my understanding that I need to remove the bumpers in order to replace filler pieces. I have gone to a a body shop and have been told that it will take a day for them to remove the bumpers and add the replacement pieces. I am getting the feeling they are trying to get a few extra dollars for a job they can complete relatively quickly.
Can someone answer the following:
1) Is the body shop time estimate reasonable?
2) Is this a job that a person with above average "do-it yourself" skills can do
3) If this is a reasonable project for me to attempt, how do I remove the bumbers or where can i find information on removing bumpers?
Thank you to everyone in advance for your help on this issue.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Ratchet Handle & Socket Set
Ratchet Handle & Socket Set - 14 Piece; 1/4" Drive Ratchet Handle & Metric Socket Set
- PowerTorque Tools - Long Reach Pliers
Long Reach Pliers - 11" 45 Degree Long Reach Pliers
- PowerTorque Tools - 1/2" Dr Torque Wrench
1/2" Dr Torque Wrench - 1/2" Dr Torqute Wrench (18" handle, 10-150 Ft/Lbs)