Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So I got these in-window rail wind/rain guards from WeatherTech. They were expensive. I'm not in love. I got them ...
    mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors.

So I got these in-window rail wind/rain guards from WeatherTech. They were expensive.

I'm not in love. I got them to keep my windows cracked when I park in open spaces due to the Texas summer heat. Indeed they do keep the car cooler. When there's a chance of rain, it's prohibitive to leave the windows cracked because in a matter of seconds the car could get really soaked.

PROS:
    they work to keep the rain out, while cooling the car on a hot day. The tidiest units to do the job.

CONS:
    funny looking, wind noise can be heard starting at 40MPH (not bad, but not there before)... almost sounds like the door didn't close all the way and there's some wind and exterior noise. The glass basically rubs against this plexiglass for a seal that used to be rubber on glass. The window glass "taps" this plexiglass thing and pushes it out of the way, when you roll the windows up. barely noticeable, but makes you go "hmmm."

Now some pictures.

Love it? Hate it?

over $100 smackaroos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Love it or hate it? Please comment: side window deflectors.

They don't look too bad, but I can't say that I would put them on my car. I do remember that Texas sun though. Could not wait to get out of that state.

Not to change the subject, but my car is in getting the rear pass through door replaced under warranty as I type. I asked if I could have the latch for you and the service adviser said he could probably save it for me if GM does not ask for the part, which they can do up to 30 days, so I'll see if I can get it for you. Not sure how. Guess I'll have to call and remind him in 29 days. Will advise if I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    They don't look too bad, but I can't say that I would put them on my car. I do remember that Texas sun though. Could not wait to get out of that state.

Not to change the subject, but my car is in getting the rear pass through door replaced under warranty as I type. I asked if I could have the latch for you and the service adviser said he could probably save it for me if GM does not ask for the part, which they can do up to 30 days, so I'll see if I can get it for you. Not sure how. Guess I'll have to call and remind him in 29 days. Will advise if I get it.
    Thanks! The heat is the reason I tinted the windows too. Well thanks for trying! I guess they could say "latch? what latch" we're replacing it because the latch was missing too!"

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Like Ranger said it doesnt look bad but I dont think I would put them on my car. The wind noise would definetely drive me crazy though. What % is your tint?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

That probably would not be covered.

P.S. I'll move this to the Deville section.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I'll move this to the Deville section.
    Could it stay linked here? also possibly in the appearance modification forum?

I generally don't get many replies on the Deville section vs here, my old home room forum.

nicktime is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Seville SLS

Does it really matter what others think? It's up to you and what makes you happy. However, as far as sharing information, that is always good. I don't have those on my Caddy, but did install them on both a project 1992 S10 and 2004 Impala SS that I have. Black inside and out........really need to keep the windows cracked during the summer.

I purchased mine from Weather-Tech. They make and market some quality products. In fact, they defied convention and moved manufacturing of their rubber floor mats TO the USA recently. Good for them, and one reason why I will support them. Anyway, their in-channel deflectors are much heavier than others and have a machined lip that is thin and fits well. Yes, they will add wind noise, as anything stuck on the outside of your vehicle will. As for the seal, it's still there. The outside seal keeps out the elements while the inside seal still sits against the glass and helps to quiet things. Another nice feature is that the in-channel deflectors look much better than the tape-on ones that are very flimsy.

Yep, there are some drawbacks to using them, but not enough to NOT use them on my vehicles. I would definitely get them again

cadillac_pimpz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Custom 2005 Cadillac Deville, Pimp Edition

I've always hated them.

cadillacnick99sls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

they look alright ..its your car. my friend says there the best thing he bought for the rain while he smokes. off the a subj, nice looking car.

iowasevillests is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab

I think they look better than I was expecting when I saw the thread title. Got a set of those on a 03 Chevy PU back home and they protrude much farther out then yours do. I think it looks fairly clean, did it affect your MPG any? I know some people who have lost around 1 mpg putting those on other makes/models before.

zoot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

I had them on a previous ride...I liked them for when I smoke also, my cousin also has them on his Trailblazer. They're not bad but I personally don't need them so I wouldnt buy em.The drawback of wind noise over having you car's interior baked is not that serious to me. You should keep them

Matador is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Seville STS

They look fine. I have rain visors on my SC, but I picked them up for quite a bit less.

CBodyFan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

I don't care for the look but understand the need. There are some of these rain guards that attach to the outside of the window frame and thus do not interfere with the glass seals.

I wish they would bring back vent windows! They were the best. No draft ventilation when you needed neither A/C nor heat. They also helped expel hot air when first running the A/C so the car cooled faster. Rear door vent windows were useful as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.