My LED Bulb Conversion
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, My LED Bulb Conversion in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I recently replaced my tail lamps as well as my front turn signals with LED bulbs. I tried several bulbs ...
    dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

My LED Bulb Conversion

I recently replaced my tail lamps as well as my front turn signals with LED bulbs. I tried several bulbs from different sites, including superbrightleds.com and the ones I got from Autolumination.com are by far the best. They are the Eagle-Eye Tower bulbs and have one 3 watt LED facing out the end and 10 high power LEDs facing outward to fill the lens.

These bulbs are plenty bright and I believe them to actually be brighter than the standard incandescent ones. They fill the lens perfectly and look completely original. I did have to change the flasher to run all LEDs but that took like a minute to do. I could have kept the original one if I had incandescent bulbs up front but I don't. The video isn't to sharp but the lights are instant on/instant off.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/12njzTH03uQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/12njzTH03uQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9nFGAnbTac&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F9nFGAnbTac&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ville94 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville

Re: My LED Bulb Conversion

Could I ask what you are using for a License plate bulb!!!! that is a gorgeous color!!

Brizzal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

very nice! not bad for plug and play bulbs

The license plate one is from SuperBrightLEDs.com and is just a standard white LED bulb. They have a better selection of the smaller bulbs and they have a few that shoot 360 degrees like the one I bought.

How many Of those bulbs are in that assembly? 1 or 2? My deville only has one? Would you still suggest me get one? Is it that large of a difference?

Mine has two but I would highly recommend these bulbs. Even if it is just the one it will fill the entire lens nicely. Your DeVille should have two, most Caddys did.

I thought the same thing, but it truly only has one. I sware! I was Very surprised by that myself. Oh, Yeah, I meant to ask. If I change Just my front Parking lamps/Turn signals to LED's will I have to change the flasher to an Electronic Flasher instead of a thermal? What do ya think?

Brizzal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

its 2 bulbs and a 194 bulb, that is the marker light

If you convert all the turn signals to LEDs you will need to change the flasher. I got mine from Superbrightleds.com for $12, a fully electronic ones. You have to be careful though because the "electronic" flashers you can buy at Autozone are not truly electronic, they still require some resistance (aka you would need a conventional bulb somewhere in the system). If you only change the back or only change the front you will not need a new flasher.

However, changing the flashers are not hard. GM puts the flashers right next to the steering column so all you have to do is remove the lower dash cover (usually about 5 screws that takes about a minute to do). The downside with the flasher I bought is that it does not make a clicking noise. It is perfectly silent, but I like it that way.

sjfnj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nice job.
    I'm thinking of doing the same on my 94 Seville SLS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.