Tire Size Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Tire Size Question in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I just got me a 93 Eldo ETC!! Im lovin it as good old ronald would say A major appearance ...
    40Dash1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldo ETC, 94 Deville 4.9

Tire Size Question

I just got me a 93 Eldo ETC!!
    Im lovin it as good old ronald would say
    A major appearance upgrade i plan on doing is rims
    however im not to mechanically inclined
    my current tire size is 225/60/16
    i would like to put 20 inch rims on the car, so what would be a suitable replacement. im messing around with the tire calculator and the combos that change the overall clearance of the wheel with /20 dont seem to exist
    Please help me!!!
    thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Tire Size Question

Don't forget that engine, transmission, and speedo controls are set for your OEM tire outside diameter. You NEED to know the outside diameter and section width of your original tires. 20" wheels, with the required reduction in sidewall height, will ruin your ride quality. Take a look at www.wheelcollision.com and get to your year car and wheel options. Look at possible 18" upgrades. (Click on the small wheel pics to see a larger view.) Then go to www.tirerack.com and look up the physical specs for your OEM tire. Now search for an 18" tire in your favorite brand that meets the original outside diameter while keeping section width reasonable to prevent wheel well rubbing.

If you're more interested in urban appearance and don't care about ride quality or making turns, fill the wheel wells up with anything that will fit your 20's. Don't drive over 40. Be prepared for poor ride quality and increased wheel bearing wear. (That's NOT a snotty comment - it's a fact.)

Cadillacon22s is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Seville, 93 Fleetwood and a 96 Eldorado

Depending on the off set of the rims you choose the tire size will be 225/35/20 or 245/35/20. I currently have
    245/35/20 on my 93 Seville, rides great with no major problems after 6 years riding Dubs.

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

I had 20's on my 94 Deville with 245/35/20's and my ride quality didnt suffer too much either. Yes you will be able to feel potholes and road bumps a little more, but the look of 20" chrome is priceless! Make sure you get rims with the correct offset (+35) and you should be fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.