Cadillac Owners Forum banner

cadillac grill mediallion

4K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  fatboi07 
#1 ·
I seen on many cadillac grills they have these circle medaillion on the grill , and I wanted to know the actual meaning of one . I was thinking of purchasing one but I don't want to buy something that I have no idea what it is lol . Here's is a link below of what I'm talking about thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-1990-2000-CADILLAC-GRILL-GOLD-METAL-EMBLEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem130258995285QQitemZ130258995285QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_776

#3 ·
so wht is the purpose of them . do they have a story about them i wanted one but i needed to know if they had a story or what other than tht they look cool

#6 ·
Still...It is cadillacs way of thanking its customers...For the older caddies you would get the Gold Keys and salesman would reguest for you to get the gold medallion for the purchase. Once you bought one every other caddy purchase you get a new meadllion with the number caddy you have purchased. If you look close to the ebay auction you mentioned above i belive its number I (roman numerals)...hope this helps clearify the meaning..

#12 ·
Your car will have VATS (the chip in the key) so a plain key will be like $100. A gold one could cost twice that if they don't have many in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.