Return from the dead
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Return from the dead in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...
    ChinoZ78Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1978 Sedan DeVille

Question Return from the dead

Well finally figure why not!

Well after a few years of parting with my 83 Fleetwood, I finally captured me a 1978 Sedan Deville! Not to shabby considering the body, though oxidized is in really good shape, other than the typical wear/replacement of Cadillac's "signature" failed plastic fillers for the rears. I am however in a rut as far as looking for anything else body wise (mostly interior) Door Panel Switch assembly (plastic wood grain assembly with seat/window/door locks) window sweeps (interior/exterior) and exterior (rocker panels).. I have recently reupholstered the headliner (since the original owner thought he could do it himself and failed) and did some junk yard diving in my area and added both vanity visors and visor mount assembly with lights off an 83 Fleetwood brougham. I was also doing some research on this and from what I've heard is that the 78 Sedan Deville body parts might be interchangeable not only with the years of 77-79 Sedan Deville’s, but also can be used with 77-80 Sedan Deville and Fleetwood cars as well..

So in short!!

Can anyone tell me if this is true or how interchangeable the body parts (interior door panels) Rocker Panels, Door window glass, door.window switches, interior.exterior window sweeps.. are interchangeable from 77-79 Sedan Deville’s and 77-80-81 Sedan Deville/Fleetwood Cars..?.. THNX
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.